Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information. Control and secure cash and cash equivalents according to policy and procedures. Respond to and/or resolve questions, issues, or disputes from owners and internal clients. Prepare, maintain, audit, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, reports and tables., Review, audit and process refunds and void credit card transactions.
Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Follow all company policies and procedures; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Anticipate and address customers' service needs. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings. Enter and locate work-related information using computers. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
General Finance and Accounting
- Respond to and resolve questions, issues, or disputes from owners and internal clients Ensure proper allocation of funds to various accounts.
- Review, audit and process credit card refunds and voids
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Record, store, and/or analyze information using property software.
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts. Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers.
- Maintain accurate electronic spreadsheets for financial and accounting data.
- Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute statistical, financial, and accounting, reports and tables.
- Control and secure cash and cash equivalents according to cash handling policy and procedures.
- Process all payment methods in accordance with Accounting procedures and policies.
- Code documents according to company policies and procedures.
- Generate finance/accounting reports from computer system as needed...
- Audit and reconcile, balance all postings to the back-up systems
- Use computer systems and software packages to input, access, modify, store, or output information Enter and retrieve data from computer systems using a keyboard, mouse or trackball.
- Prepare letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
Working with Others
- Monitor and respond to inbound customer, client, and property communications via email, voice mail, etc. in a timely manner
- Speak to customers and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to maintain accuracy and completeness.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Policies and Procedures
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect the privacy and security of owners and coworkers. Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Critical CompetenciesAnalytical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Arithmetic Computation
- Computer Skills Learning
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Applied Reading
- English Language Proficiency
- Positive Demeanor
General Finance and Accounting
- Detail Orientation
- Time Management
High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalentRelated Work Experience
At least 1 year of related work experience
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture
This job has expired.