Matrix Providers - Caring for America's military family.
Not just leading the way but leading the industry. Your success is our business.
Matrix Providers is hiring a Pharmacist to join our team of talented professionals who provide healthcare services to our Military Service Members and their families at TPC Suffolk in Suffolk, Virginia.
Employment Status: Full-time
Compensation: This is a salaried position, paid bi-weekly
Schedule: Services shall be provided Monday through Sunday between 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. The clinic is open on all Federal Holidays. . The healthcare workers providing services on shifts longer than six (6) hours shall be authorized a thirty (30) minute meal break. Shifts include a compensated meal break when the HCW is the sole pharmacist and cannot physically leave the work site.
- The current schedule is Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage. Click here to learn about our benefits packages.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays (Outlined in Handbook)
- 401(k) Plan
must have and meet the following:
Degree: Bachelor's degree in pharmacy.
Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation
Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE) approved continuing education of at least 15 hours which maintains pharmacy skills and knowledge in the preceding two (2) years.
- Possess experience as a pharmacist for 12 months within the preceding 24 months.
- Possess experience in the use of pharmacy computer systems such as the Navy
TRIPHARM Computer System, the Composite Health Care System (CHCS), or retail pharmacy computer systems.
- Current, complete, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a pharmacist.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association or the Red Cross. Web-based classes do not meet these standards.
Reference Letters: Provide two (2) letters of recommendation written within the last two (2) years attesting to the healthcare worker's clinical skills. The letters must be from practicing Pharmacists who have personally observed and evaluated the healthcare worker and can attest to the healthcare worker's clinical skills in the care of patients. Reference letters shall attest to the healthcare worker's communication skills and ability to relate to patients and professional and other interpersonal skills among staff members. They must include the name, title, phone number, date of reference, address, and signature of the individual providing reference.
- Perform a full range of pharmacist procedures
- Deliver comprehensive pharmaceutical services within the personnel, supply, and equipment capabilities of the facility.
- Counsel patients regarding the appropriate use of medications.
- Review patient profiles at the time of dispensing to monitor medication therapy closely.
- Ensure prescription directions for use, dose, medication interactions, therapeutic duplications or overlaps, allergy information, age-specific dosage, and other pertinent data are appropriate for individual patients. Intervention with providers shall be made for noted discrepancies of the above-listed items.
- Compound medications as required.
- Ensure the accuracy of all pharmaceutical products prepared or processed by technical staff.
- Supervise inventory control of all pharmaceuticals in the pharmacy, especially scheduled pharmaceuticals, and ensure pharmacy security. Maintain appropriate records and security of all scheduled controlled substances according to applicable regulations.
Matrix Providers is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here.
Matrix Providers endeavors to make www.matrixproviders.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please get in touch with our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-877-807-8277, TTY LINE, 385-722-8109. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
This job has expired.