Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism , innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes.
Omega is seeking a Planner I to be a key member within the Materials team for its New Jersey operation. The Planner I will be responsible to maximize customer service experience by enabling short / long term production plans that takes in to account Manufacturing capacity, Materials and Takt requirements. This position will be instrumental in Setting executable production plans, setting shop floor scheduling, optimize Stock health and closely work with cross functions to maximize customer satisfaction and business performance.
Position Outcomes: To perform the job successfully, an individual must accomplish the following position objectives:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop production plans in order to meet customer requirements and achieve 95% OTD
- Maintain the integrity of the data within a MRP system from a planning aspect
- Assist in managing inventory levels to improve working capital while meeting customer needs
- Achieve Schedule attainment targets through the coordination of work center activities.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Education And/or Experience
- Properly execute planning through our ERP
- Create, review, amend, and maintain attainable and effective material and production plans
- Work in conjunction with Customer Service, Sales, Production and Purchasing to support the production plan.
- Review and plan transfer orders to subsidiary sites.
- Attend the daily manufacturing execution meeting and follow-up on any open action items from the meeting.
- When necessary, prioritize schedules to ensure customer orders are meet.
- Work with customer service to manage customer order priority.
- Provide production completion dates to customer service for expedites and one off orders.
- Evaluate and maintain safety stock levels.
- Update/manage Lead times for Manufactured products in the ERP.
- Assist production to establish proper Kanban levels and where they should be located.
- Participate in Monthly SIOP sessions and develop best practices for the planning department.
- Support and execute continuous improvement in all processes of the planning department with focus on lean manufacturing.
- Communicate with document control group to insure BOM and Route accuracy in order to manage a capacity planning.
- Drive improvements among all key performance metrics: on time delivery, inventory turn, EOL.
- Strong analytical skills to identify improvement opportunities.
- Continue to increase product knowledge, manufacturing operations and market trends.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related supply chain management field
- 2-4 years minimum experience in production planning
- Working knowledge of an ERP/MRP system in a manufacturing and/or E-Commerce environment
- Experience with Lean / Six Sigma / Continuous Improvement teams and activities
- APICS certification preferred (CPIM/CSCP)
- Innovator with high ethical integrity.
- Strong analytical skill using Excel.
- Performance focused, proactive and results driven with ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent people skills, good business acumen and analytical skill.
- Experience in ERP systems
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point, and Project.