Build your future together
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
This position is responsible for providing plant oversight for cost and engineering activities that facilitates the efficient progress of plant operations and ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Determine and calculate production quantities and communicate to management to ensure their understanding of our cost to produce.
- Prepare, implement and test SWPPP's, hazardous materials plans, in conjunction with the Environmental Department to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Perform operational improvement studies and recommend improvement or process modifications to ensure the most efficient operations are implemented.
- Conduct and/or participate in safety audits and meetings to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
- Prepare and prioritize maintenance and repairs of material processing equipment to ensure cost efficient maintenance schedules. Manage spare parts inventories so crews can make efficient repairs.
- Perform semi-annual inventory reconciliations to ensure accuracy.
- Support plant manager, foreman and superintendents as needed to ensure the success of the operation.
Field of StudyWork Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related field preferred or equivalent years of work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 0-2 years of construction materials processing experience
- General knowledge of materials business
- General knowledge of Hot Mix Asphalt Plants preferred
- Knowledge of Plant operations and mechanical requirements
- General understanding of federal, state and local laws, policies and procedures
- Ability to establish relationships with agencies and represent Granite in a public forum
- Public speaking skills and ability to communicate with management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* This job description reflects essential functions of this position. It does not restrict management's right to reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.