Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
This position can be located at our Pekin, IL facility or remotely located at our Laporte, IN facility.
The Facility Manager will be responsible for overall operations of Linde's Pekin CO2 plant. The successful candidate will have intimate knowledge of principles and practices within operations, and works to drive safety, compliance, operational excellence, and profitability. This is a front-line operations role. Accessibility during off-hours (laptop and cell phone) is required.
- Safe and profitable operation of the facility.
- Manages and achieves plant fixed and variable cost goals, to meet financial targets
- Delivers defined value in annual productivity savings.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulatory requirements which include but are not limited to: OSHA PSM/RMP, DOT, FDA, HPFBI, DEC, EPA etc. Adheres to all internal company policies, programs, and standards.
- Maintains relationships with suppliers and customers and meets contractual obligations.
- Accountable for a team of approximately 7 facility employees and 13 professional drivers
- Long term planning for retention, recruitment, training, and professional development of employees
- Develop, plan, and execute short, and long-term maintenance strategies to ensure reliable, cost-effective operations.
- Manage the sites portfolio of capital and expense projects
- Engages support teams for projects or technical assistance
- Places high value on team building and effective communications across the organization.
- Reacts urgently to plant issues, garnering the required resources to minimize impact to customers and the business
- Communicates effectively with logistics and other support groups to maintain positive working relations and makes sure a customers are supplied on time and with quality products
- Engages with community and professional organizations
- Will also have responsibilities for Laporte Indiana facility production and compliance operations
- Travel between both Pekin and Laporte Facilities on a regular basis will be required
- Bachelor's Degree or 10 years Operations or Distribution experience with 5 years Management experience.
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks and making informed decisions.
- Proven ability to lead and quickly adapt to changing situations.
- Strong communications skills, and a strong will to build and maintain productive relationships across departmental lines.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to drive execution of projects as well as strategic and tactical initiatives.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.