Duke Connected Care, a community-based, physician-led network, includes a group of doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers who work together to deliver high-quality care to Medicare Fee-for-Service patients in Durham and itssurrounding areas.
Onsite at at Lincoln Community Health Center, Durham, North Carolina General Description
The Team Lead may be responsible for additional responsibilities above their respective general job class that they are leading. The Team Lead is responsible for clinical/functional expertise for specific customer populations (QA/QI, Engagement/Referral Process, Clinical conditions, Education/Training, and Care Management) with a design to meet specific contractual and program related requirements. The role functions as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team, ensuring excellence with transitions of care to achieve optimal clinical outcomes through a seamless model of access and care. Work Hours:
Standard business hours Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and facilitate timely implementation of appropriate interventions for identified customer populations following established policies and procedures. Or making necessary recommendations when gaps to policies and procedures are identified.
- Monitor, support, and engage both staff and additional management in related systemic opportunities, strengths, and benchmarks that will enhance negotiations with payers, improve care management, and/or address gaps in care. Using accessible data from multiple sources to ensure appropriate outreach, education, and necessary interventions are identified.
- Participation in the hiring/firing process of staff across care management.
- Engage with direct reports on a monthly basis via monthly individual supervision and larger team meetings to provide timely departmental updates, training, and coaching. Provide information on staff productivity on a monthly basis, at minimum.
- Shadow each direct report at least once per evaluation period unless concerns are identified and more is required.
- Conduct one-on-one training and group training with team members for identified areas of need related to workflow, documentation, and/or patient care.
- Manage time and attendance for staff members in API system.
- Complete routine audits (in data management system, MaestroCare/Virtual Health, and recorded calls) for quality, clinical care, understanding of education provided, accuracy of process, and overall experience of any PHMO customers. Provide timely and accurate oversight of process and feedback loops.
- Participates in identified PHMO/DukeWELL meetings, and role enhancing trainings that are health system/state/regional/nationally appropriate, etc.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers internal and external to Duke Health System.
- Maintain small caseload/patient-level responsibilities, following identified workflow and meeting required timeframes for completion of documentation, assessment, medication reconciliation and care planning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum Qualifications Education
- BSN required
- Adult Medicine and or Pediatrics experience preferred
Bachelor's degree in a clinical field such as Nursing, Counseling, Social Work, Therapy, Allied Health, or community health related fields. Experience
3 years of clinical experience required. Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Must have a current license in at least one ofthese areas: current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina, current licensure as a licensed clinical social worker by the NC Social Work Certification and Licensure Board, current licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor by the state of NC, or current licensure as a Licensed Addiction Specialist by the state of North Carolina. Requires ACM or CCM certification within 3 years of hire date or by December 31, 2020.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
This job has expired.