A Population Health & Well-being Consultant provides strategic consulting service. Responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining wellness programs as the main point of contact for new and existing business. A Consultant will serve as a subject matter expert for internal teams. A Consultant may also provide directional management of department Specialists and Coordinators. This role will leverage data intelligence to identify trends and provide program solutions and recommendations. This role will work with the client and the resources identified to establish a programming strategy and a communication plan. This role may be tasked with initiating an RFP selection process, negotiation and implementation of vendor services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- Oversee ongoing client wellness initiatives.
- Participate in development of new business with Client Executives in an effort to develop wellness initiatives for their benefit programs. May attend and present in prospect meetings.
- Using designed and brand materials develop wellness programs for existing business.
- Be the local face of wellness for MMA-West by attending wellness conferences, client meetings, wellness events, meeting with prospective clients and with vendors and carrier partners.
- Develop strong business relationships and client trust by meeting with the clients throughout the year. Ensure client compliance with implemented wellness programs and ensure client expectations are being met.
- Advise Client Service team, if needed, in supporting wellness program implementation.
- Coordinate carrier benefits as they pertain to wellness for new and existing business.
- Vet vendors and provide recommendations based on client needs, goal and objectives. Facilitate vendor implementation process and provide on-going support.
- Manage project plan and calendar to manage programming and strategic objectives.
- Manage the renewal of existing plans.
- Review contracts with existing carriers to implement any new wellness related benefits available to existing business.
- Review client health data: demographics, claims, and company requested data (taken from several sources including HRA, biometric screenings, wellbeing vendors, point solution partnerships, etc.) to advise wellness program adjustments, or initiatives accordingly.
- Coordinate wellness plan through communications to client, Client Service team, and Client sales Executive.
- Advise, inform and involve Client Sales Executive and Client Service Team as required with necessary changes and recommendations for upcoming benefit year to their wellness program.
- Prepare and present wellness renewal design changes to the client in a timely manner in conjunction with benefit renewal presentation.
- Recommend improvements based on past results, suggest strategies to address client concerns, and provide resolutions if discrepancies, or inconsistencies are contained within the information.
- Act as a leader for Existing Business Wellness Initiatives
- Collaborate with Client Service and Sales Executives as a cohesive team to design, implement, and problem solve when directing wellness programs.
- Leverage client wellness program to support strategic objectives with overarching benefit plan strategy.
- Coordinate with Client Services and Sales Executive teams to insure wellness program supports and compliments existing benefit programs.
- Provide necessary information to enhance the team's overall benefit recommendations.
- Ensure deliverables satisfy client requirements, cost and schedule.
- Obtain added certifications and ongoing education to improve knowledge and to stay current.
- Establish and consistently maintain effective and positive working relationships with Associates, vendor Partners and clients.
- Manage Internal and External Programs
- Actively support continued growth for MMA-West's Total Health offering, including resource and content creation, educate and update clients with program offerings and updates.
- Engage and promote the internal MMA-West wellness program, including organization and facilitation of events, provide support communications, attend committee meetings, attend events and respond to employee inquiries.
- PATH Representation for MMA West
- Collaborate and execute on National PATH (Planning and Analytics for Total Health) Team on program deliverables. A Consultant will work with assigned clients, the respective account team and National PATH Team to identify behaviors and factors that influence or compromise health and provide data driven strategy recommendations.
- Implement data-driven programs. Work in conjunction with the account team and the MMA PATH Team to review, analyze, and make recommendations on clients' wellness initiatives and health education programs.
- Work with the PATH Chief Medical Officer (CMO), nurse clinical consultants, data analysts, and the account team to coordinate needed reporting and PATH recommendations. Review, interpret and present analyses and recommendations to the client alongside the respective account team and PATH Team.Responsible for the strategic planning, implementation and evaluation of population health management programs for assigned clients
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates and has high levels of contact with external vendors. The Population Health & Wellness Consultant must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required unless otherwise noted:
- Successful work history to include 4-5 years of experience in a professional office setting directly related to job responsibilities specified above.
- Industry knowledge of population health point solutions across different categories, including by not limited to musculoskeletal, maternal health / fertility, mental health, wellbeing incentive and engagement platforms, health education tools, and more.
Strong communication skills with the ability to provide explanations around comprehensive health related matters and summarize and present information in a clear, concise and accurate written and verbal format.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Bachelor degree required; Masters preferred.
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with the ability to operate standard office equipment is required.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals. Maintain a valid Driver's License & have reliable transportation.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- This is a physically active position requiring the ability to stoop and bend regularly, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- 15% - 30% travel may be required. Travel consists of 1 - 2 overnight trips per year covering areas both in and out of state.
This position is not eligible for remote work in Colorado.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
This job has expired.