Backed by more than 40 years of experience and one of the industry's leading safety performance records, PPM, helps clients address the complex challenges inherent in today's manufacturing and industrial facilities environment. Our wide experience in meeting industrial plant maintenance needs enables us to implement systems and processes that keep your facilities and equipment running at consistently optimum levels.
MOR PPM, Inc. seeks a regular Fulltime Landscape Grounds Maintenance Worker in Catawba, SC. This position works with a grounds keeping crew to maintain grounds including cutting grass, operating a string trimmer, maintaining flower beds and other task that may be associated with keeping property looking its best.
Job Title - Landscape Grounds Maintenance Worker 9.1
Job Description: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
- Operates equipment such as truck and mowing equipment
- Uses small power-operated equipment including mowers, edger, clippers and other associated equipment used in landscaping and grounds maintenance.
- Cleans and makes minor repairs to equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance on grounds equipment.
- Performs various safety inspections, as required.
- May be required to work overtime or alternate hours as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE) AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- May mix pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers.
- Performs related work as required.
- High school diploma from an accredited school or its equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience in general labor and grounds maintenance work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must maintain a valid telephone number.
- Must possess and maintain an appropriate valid State of Florida driver's license.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of tools and their uses.
- Knowledge of the precautions necessary to work safely with and around mechanized equipment, hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to detect and report problems related to plants, such as diseases, lack of water, etc.
- Knowledge of the use of motorized equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, City employees and the general public.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must posses enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions as identified above
- Must be able to move in and around confided spaces and uneven areas
- Must have full range of motion consistent with age
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance ladders
- Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms and other job-related noises
- Visual acuity, depth perception and color discrimination consistent with that required to work at heights and on uneven surfaces
- Safety/Steel toe shoes are required.