Job no: 512965
Work type: Staff Full Time
Categories: Other Staff Positions, Administrative & Office Support
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE:
Pre-award & Sub-recipient Manager
Sponsored Projects Administration
BARGAINING UNIT: ESU Cat. 13
MINIMUM SALARY: $ ESU Salary Range
Director of ORA
Provides indirect supervision to the ORA and Research Development staff as projects dictate. May oversee students and administrative staff in duties pertaining to pre-award and subrecipient monitoring, such as data input, file maintenance and filing.
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: This position will serve as the primary coordinator of Pre-award business processes for selected departments with an emphasis on the Subrecipient Monitoring, Subaward & Subcontract Preparation, Development & Management as well as proposal preparation, review and submission procedures and award negotiations. The position will play a key role in Pre-award outreach initiatives; including leading Pre-award content management projects and assisting with Pre-award training initiatives. It will also provide direct administrative Pre-award services to faculty.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for electronic grants management including review, submission and authorized signatory of proposals and subawards in the absence of Director.
- Provides pre-award assistance to faculty and staff in the development and submission of proposals to federal and non-federal sponsors.
- Serves as primary contact to UMassD faculty and staff and external organizations in UMassD subcontracting activities.
- Prepares, reviews and negotiates new subawards and subcontracts and subaward/subcontract amendments and modifications from federal and non-federal sponsors and to lower-tier sub-recipients.
- Monitors subcontracts to ensure compliance with subcontract terms and federal, state and university laws, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for UMassD Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) reporting.
- Responsible for processing of subaward invoices, including obtaining PI approvals and coordination of submission of invoices to UPST for payments.
- Prepares and maintains subcontract records in electronic and hard copy format.
- Performs subcontract closeout working with Post-award staff.
- As a member of UMassD Pre-award team, provides proposal development support as ORA staffing and workload dictates, and as assigned.
- Assists in proposal preparation & submission process utilizing electronic submission systems, such as, but not limited to NSF Fastlane, NIH eRA Commons, Research.gov, Grants.gov, FedConnect, NASA NSPIRES, NOAA, DARPA and ARPA-E. Utilizes Cayuse 424 or other similar System-to-System interface with Grants.Gov.
- Works closely with PIs to reviews and develops budgets and justifications, current and pending support information, application cover pages, certifications, assurances, and other required proposal components.
- Pre-award compliance monitoring: Performs initial and final reviews of proposals to be submitted to external sponsors, as assigned, to determine that all proposals are completed in accordance with University policies and sponsor guidelines.
- Provides important feedback and advice to faculty and staff on various aspects of proposal development and submission.
- Completes the final review of the proposal and submits on behalf of the Institution to external sponsors. Coordinates final submission notices with faculty and other ORA staff.
- Assists faculty members and maintains close working relationship with Director, Pre and Post-award staff,
- Compliance Office and Office of Research Development in connection with Pre and Post-award administrative activities, including but not limited to, award generation, reporting requirements, no-cost extensions, re-budgeting actions, award closeout.
- Identification of Funding Opportunities, utilizing Pivot and other similar systems.
- Disseminates program announcements, solicitations, and other funding opportunity information, as assigned.
- Assists in compiling and analyzing a variety of data, as required.
- Assist in the development and presentation of ORA workshops, newsletters and other communications for the UMassD community
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
Demonstrated experience (over three years) in grants management, or proposal preparation. Experience dealing with Federal and State agencies and knowledge of their funding priorities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of spreadsheets and on-line databases.
- Ability to effectively utilize a wide array of information technology resources (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, federal electronic systems, etc.)
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, time and deadline-sensitive, and able to perform using tact and discretion in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a variety of internal and external constituencies and individuals from all different professional levels.
- Knowledge of federal/state regulations as they relate to grants/contracts.
- Master's degree or higher
- Significant award & contract negotiation experience
- Experience with contracts and subcontracting, electronic grants administration.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Professional certification, (CRA) certification
- Experience in higher education
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations, Code of Federal Regulations and Office of Management & Budget (OMB).
- Experience working with PeopleSoft, Summit and Cayuse.
- Significant experience (over five years) in grants management, or proposal preparation.
This position may have the possibility for remote work.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
Effective September 27, 2021, UMass Dartmouth requires that all members of the campus community are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Additionally, all members of the campus community must obtain a Covid-19 booster shot by January 21, 2022, and provide proof when requested. Individuals who are not yet eligible to receive a booster shot must obtain one within 30 days from the date they become eligible.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNALS is February 25, 2022.The review of applications will begin February 26, 2022.
Advertised: 10 Feb 2022 Eastern Standard Time