EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Predictive Testing & Inspection Technician (B)
EMCOR Government Services has a need for a Predictive Testing & Inspection Technician for a Proposal Bid Effort with NASA Armstrong at Edwards AFB, CA.
*** This position is contingent upon contract award. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses PT&I hardware to perform data collection in support of vibration, thermography, and ultrasonic PT&I program and uploads collected data to PT&I software.
- Assist the RCM Manager in the use of vibration analysis to detect, identify, and isolate specific component degradation and its causes prior to serious damage or actual failure.
- Assist the RCM Manager in establishing vibration baselines by taking vibration measurements upon installation and / or when is known to be operating properly. Use subsequent vibration readings to compare to the baseline. The components causing deviant readings will be identified, and the rate of component deterioration and the magnitude of any problems determined.
- Use ultrasonic testing as a tool for leak detection such as to detect gas, fluid, and vacuum leaks; locate areas of turbulent or restricted flow; and measure corrosion and erosion in piping and vessels.
- Assists RCM Manager with use of noncontact and contact-type devices to detect temperature variances in machines, electrical systems, heat transfer surfaces, and structures and the relative magnitude of those temperature variances. Large changes in temperature often precede equipment failure.
- Assists RCM Manager with utilizing infrared thermography as a technique for finding roof leaks and determining the thermal efficiency of heat exchangers, boilers, building envelopes, etc.
- Assists RCM Manager with the use deep-probe temperature analysis to detect buried pipe energy loss and leakage by examining the temperature of surrounding soils. The technique will be used to quantify energy loss and its cost.
- Assists RCM Manager with the use temperature monitoring to detect damage control from mishaps such as fires and leaks.
- Collects oil samples and prepares samples to be sent to qualified vendor for analysis.
- Assist the RCM Manager in maintaining the PT&I finds database and in compiling Reliability Centered Maintenance Reports.
- Responsible for the completion of all PM and record keeping assigned to his/her areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for communicating, coordinating, and interfacing with other technically qualified personnel as required to include HVAC, Electrical, and Management Personnel and specialty subcontractors.
- Responsible and capable of working from building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, and electrical maintenance and repair manuals
EMCOR Government Services requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Government Services is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
- Technicians must have experience performing infrared thermography
- Level I or Level II Certified per standards established by the American Society of Non- Destructive Testing.
- Must be trained and certified per the standards and guidelines of the Vibration Institute.
- Must have experience performing oil analysis, motor circuit analysis, ultrasonic testing, and alignment and balancing.
- Must be capable of performing physical labor including, walking, standing, lift up to 40lbs, pulling, climbing up and down ladders and agility / dexterity to perform duties
- Must be physically capable of working in confined
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR