For this opening we will consider candidates from the following locations: Longmont,CO,United States |
Our Life & Safety Technology Group is currently seeking a Principal Architect for our Longmont office located at 1601 Dry Creek Drive, however this role does role does have the option to work remote!
Job Summary: Applies advanced technical principles, concepts and theories to the complex design and analysis of complete frameworks, systems or products. Develops specifications for new products, applications, software enhancements and integration concepts. Solves complex problems and takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions for the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework used across multiple products or systems. Provides technical expertise to various teams, conceives new ideas and offers improvement suggestions for current weaknesses and future initiatives. Works independently, with guidance only in the most complex situations.
Specific Areas of Expertise:
- Applies advance technical principles to the design, maintenance, and implementation of complex architectural frameworks that support core organizational functions
- Partner with senior management and technical staff to ensure application and system architecture meet current and future business needs
- Oversee the analysis and evaluation of current application or system architecture to determine areas that need improvement or expanded functionality
- Regarded as a thought leader on best technology practices
- Develop, identify, and follow best practices for integrations of new technology. Includes staying current with Industry trends.
- Deep expertise with architecting for Cloud and On Prem environments, with hands on expertise lifting and shifting On Prem workload to Cloud workload
- Demonstrable experience as a mentor to tech teams, including senior level subject matter experts
- DNS, F5, IPAM, DHCP, SSL certification, WAF, Proxy, BGP, etc.
- Prior expertise as a senior network engineer a big plus
- System Administration
- Active Directory, LDAP, Domain Controllers, Linux Depth, Windows depth, VMware depth, Kubernetes (or equivalent containerization), Account Management, O365/Exchange experience a plus
- Firewalls, SSO, MFA, end point protection, surface attack, SecOps toolsets (Thyrotic, SysDig, Optix, etc or similar solutions)
- Integration of SecOps tools (Veracode, etc) into CICD pipelines a big plus.
- SOC2, ISO, or other annually audited command and control certification a big plus
- CICD expertise, Terraform/Puppet/Ansible/Spinnaker (or similar toolsets), Python (or other scripting language),
- Cloud architecture on one or more of the major cloud vendors (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with both greenfield and brownfield Cloud projects
- Expertise on creation, implementation, and management of cloud infrastructure standards
- Understanding of basic Database principles, especially common security concerns
- Understanding of difference between Relational DBs and NoSQL DBs
- Experience in managed cloud DB solutions
- Heavy familiarity with Agile (SAFe Agile a huge plus), SDLC principles, CICD pipelines, principles of software development, especially in a SaaS product.
- Experience in Change Control and Incident Management
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. Work experience significantly more important than education.
• Typical candidate will have 15-19 years of experience with system design and analysis, project or program management, architecture and/or a related field. Certifications and/or educational experience may count towards experience.
Compensation will commensurate with experience. The expected salary for this position is $160,000
for employees located in Colorado.
This job has expired.