LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group
Explore Solutions That Deliver Innovation
Global companies and governmental entities rely on us to solve their most complex data challenges. Our employees collaborate to reduce risks and create opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. We're adaptable, curious and ambitious. That's why here, you'll have the freedom to drive change, the trust to find your own path, and the space to explore more.
Principal Software Engineer (Home-Based)
This is a position on the BlueSky Phoenix technology team, our products focus on BlueSky regulatory and compliance services within the US Mutual Fund space. The role will focus on the build-out and implementation of our existing leading cloud based SAAS product Blue Sky Solutions. You will work closely with our product owners, business teams and other cross functional technology teams. You will also be an integral part of software development team designing, developing, maintaining and driving best practices in order to efficiently deliver our product with a high level of quality. We are market leaders, the work we do is important and impacts the livelihood of a large majority within the US!
The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for high level technical designs and implementation of high quality, customer driven solutions. You will perform a mix of application architecture and full-stack development across the complete development life cycle delivering highly available cloud solutions and adding new capabilities to existing applications. Works with development teams and ensures the best practices are adhered to in areas such as unit and integration testing, CI/CD, documentation, security, and software design principals. You will also support and engage with third party technical teams as per project needs.
This is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking industry leader that presents a multitude of opportunities. We are a diverse workforce dedicated to an inclusive environment. We are interested in technologists who want to grow their careers with Accuity (A LexisNexis Risk Solutions Company).
- 10+ years of Software Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required;
- AWS certifications (preferred)
- Strong experience in C# and .NET eco system.
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Nexus, Docker
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS (preferred and certified) or Azure
- Experience of messaging systems like MQ, SQS.
- Experience of serverless like AWS Lambda
- Expert-level development experience of web application using industry patterns
- Strong object-oriented design skills and a track record of delivering designs to market.
- Enterprise class product-experience, and a track record of success in designing, developing, delivering web/cloud-based applications
- Blue/Green deployments
- SQL Server/RDS
- Web Services, Web APIs, XML, JSON
- Testing Patterns
- SDLC, Agile, SCRUM
- Building systems and tooling to support NFRs and SLAs/SLOs
- Strong experience of implementing and delivering Metrics and Monitoring e.g. Prometheus, grafana
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience with various resource models such as Managed Services and/or Staff Augmentation.
- Solid knowledge of architectural principles.
- Ability to partner and lead internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs.
- Serve as a primary technical point of contact for technology resources.
- Provide design input across a product.
- Work directly with clients and internal business end users.
- Serve as acknowledged "go to" person on coding and technical issues.
- Responsible for the design and development of web-based enterprise applications from specifications.
- Ability to look ahead and autonomously generate architectural designs or POCs to support technical needs
- Provide guidance and solutions on NFRs including performance, scaling and reliability of application.
- Work with Leads and Testing build the right product and delivery it efficiently and successfully.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Experience in documenting system architectures via modeling diagrams and effectively transitioning those architectures to implementation models.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- Responsible for staying current on advancements in technology, design practices, and architecture, as well as the latest software and networking processes, tools, and methods, and for making recommendations on how these advances can be applied to the current products and engineering practices.
- Lead the development of technical standards and perform reviews to ensure enterprise and architectural standards and processes are followed.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Recommend technical strategy and direction across functional area.
- Participate in development and evolution of architecture.
- Consult with stakeholders to find alternative work-arounds during system outages.
- Mentor and/or train software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc., including diction/terminology and presenting information in a concise and effective manner to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
- All other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.