Regeneron's Preclinical Manufacturing & Process Development Group (PMPD) is seeking a Process Development Engineer I as a full-time position to work in the Purification Development group. In this role, you will accelerate medicine development and scientific understanding, generally through implementation of high throughput, scale down purification methods with associated robotic programming and device integration. The ideal candidate will be hardworking, efficient, flexible, and able to perform key responsibilities in a fast-paced, team environment.
A Typical Day in the Role Might Look Like:
This Role Might Be For You If:
- Perform purification of diverse therapeutic proteins to support Regeneron's research and discovery groups
- Perform high throughput screening experiments to support Quality by Design-based process development for clinical processes
- Development of technology and automation to increase the throughput and speed of process development
- Documents experiments, results, and findings in electronic laboratory notebook; presents work at group and department meetings.
- Maintain instruments and laboratory inventory, and troubleshoot instrumental/experimental problems
- You have initiative and drive to complete challenging tasks and learn new technologies to make life-changing medicines
- You can work both independently and within a team environment on multiple projects simultaneously
- You enjoy designing, implementing, and troubleshooting novel equipment or experiments and act to prevent and tackle problems
- You value lab equipment maintenance and safety to help create a safe, effective, and efficient working environment, and can keep up with SOP training and/or compliance responsibilities
- You look forward to joining a collaborative team with a focus on continuous improvement
The role requires a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in either Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, or Biochemistry, and 2 - 5+ years' experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry. A strong fundamental understanding of protein purification and conjugation techniques a plus. Experience with Downstream Development and with equipment like: Akta Avant, Akta Pilot, Akta Process Skid, Disc Stack Centrifuge, Depth filtration, Tangential flow filters, Normal flow filters, Chromatographic columns, HPLC, UPLC, Ultrafiltration/Diafiltration skid, Laminar Flow Hood, Chemical Fume hood a plus. Comfort with statistics fundamentals, Quality by Design, and software such as Empower, Unicorn, LIMS, JMP is a plus. Experience with robotic liquid handlers or software programming a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
This job has expired.