Join the Hostess Brands Team and help us inspire moments of JOY for our customers, consumers, stakeholders, and each other!
The Process Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing production processes to improve efficiency, reduce waste, increase throughput, and improve product quality. Ensure that products meet quality and safety standards, as well as collaborating with other departments to troubleshoot issues and implement best practices.
Key Functions and Accountabilities include:
- Develop and implement process improvements to increase efficiency, reduce waste, and improve product quality.
- Design and optimize production processes for new and existing products.
- Conduct process simulations and analyses to identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with Quality, Maintenance, IT, and Production to develop process controls to optimize tools, systems, and processes.
- Supports the business through cost reduction in process system operation.
- Understand and optimize system operation.
- Collaborate and solve issues with plant teams as required.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement new technologies, best practices, and SOPs.
- Leverage MES and other digital technologies to make processes repeatable, teachable, and transferable.
- Drive cost savings through system optimization.
- Monitor solutions and check / adjust if necessary.
- Develop project scope from design, funding, installation, and deployment when necessary.
- Provide guidance to maintenance and compliance teams as required.
- Understand the impact of cycle and parameter changes and adjust forecasts accordingly.
- Work with appropriate business and procurement teams to ensure support from vendors regarding setup, installation, repairs, and maintenance are satisfactory.
- Transmit knowledge and educate others.
Skills and Abilities:
- 3-5 years' experience in plant operations (preferably food / beverage) and/or process system design and commissioning required
- Six Sigma qualification preferred.
- Previous experience with CMMS systems required.
- Proven track record of cost savings from system optimization required.
- Extensive previous experience in plant and equipment operation and reliability improvement required.
- Previous experience developing and implementing effective preventive maintenance and condition-based maintenance programs required.
- Demonstrated exceptional operational safety leadership with sustainable results required.
- Demonstrated effective management and development of engineering and technical staff required.
- Previous experience implementing continuous improvement or re-engineering of work process required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and results oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and improve existing processes/programs.
- Can effectively identify and evaluate technical and non-technical opportunities for improvement and translate them to financial terms that provides a business case and supports investment.
- Ability to effectively lead change and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to simplify solutions, articulate a strategy and deliver.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field or related prior experience required required
- Master's degree preferred
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment and manufacturing sites can be loud.Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. May push and pull trash carts weighing up to 500lb, dough carts weighing up to 800lb, portable equipment and catch pans weighing up to 500lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. May require use of equipment requiring certification before use. Please see current job safety analysis.
Hostess Brands, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, and encourage minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Upon request, Hostess Brands, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified applicant.
About Us: Hostess Brands is a leading sweet snacks company that makes, markets, and distributes our delicious treats throughout North America.
Our approximately 2,600 employees put their hearts in everything they do, inspiring moments of joy by baking new and classic snacks including Hostess® Donettes®, Twinkies®, CupCakes, Ding Dongs® and Zingers®, as well as a variety of Voortman® cookies and wafers.
This job has expired.