Location: U.S. Remote
- The Product Manager will partner with key functions at Zoetis including Global Commercial & Medical teams, Global Customer Service and Technical Support teams, VMRD (Zoetis Research & Development), ZTD (Zoetis Tech & Digital), and GMS (Zoetis Global Manufacturing and Supply) to lead on-market diagnostics innovations and manage more complex line extensions and new products for Chemistry. This function incorporates inputs from a Cross Functional Product Team (CFPT) to define problem statements and prioritize product backlogs. The Product Manager will need to be a strong leader to guide the CFPT and sub-teams in product break-fix needs, constant maintenance, performance improvements, and delivering enhancements and new innovations that create long-term customer value. The successful candidate will be attuned to customer needs in veterinary medicine and their experience using our diagnostic products. It is our mission and responsibility to provide, sustain, and develop veterinary diagnostic products and features that will delight our customers and better animal health. This position could also require supporting vendor relationships and travel both domestically and internationally (up to 20%).
Qualifications (Skills/Traits, Education, & Prior Experience)
- Define problem statements and maintain product backlog by:
- Aligning with Commercial teams on product financial goals
- Monitoring product performance and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Detecting and proposing necessary product updates
- Providing ROI assessments for projects
- Bringing on-the-ground feedback into product backlog with long-term strategy in mind
- Knowing the product users, product operations, and connecting the two into clear product requirements; this includes an in-depth understanding of veterinary needs and best practices within animal hospitals
- Putting emphasis on continuous improvement and prioritization
- Understanding when to make tradeoffs in investing between projects and features
- Drive all facets of new product launches across global markets, supporting customer, colleague, and company preparation efforts, and helping transfer materials and expertise to the commercial and medical teams.
- Lead CFPT and sub-team collaboration by:
- Assigning team level Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- Working effectively with other functions within Zoetis
- Guiding empowerment of these CFPTs to make key decisions
- Identifying and leveraging team members to accomplish goals
- Using insight and feedback from across Zoetis to improve products and processes
- Being the VOC = Voice of Customer
- Deliver on open items in product backlogs with planned release schedule
- Be internal advocate and product evangelist
- Operate as product owner in ZTD software release process
- Monitor market, competitive, and technology trends
- Create and provide documentation as necessary to assist Commercial and Medical teams with training and service
- Communicate regularly with Commercial and Medical teams on product update and deployment plans
- Work with a network of research veterinarians and/or experts in a variety of veterinary disciplines
- Develop presentations for status and future strategies for the product
- Work with Zoetis Business Development (BD) and GMS External Supply/Procurement to negotiate or re-negotiate agreements, if applicable to product
Action oriented: "can do" and "does do" attitude; authentically engaged with people and situations with high energy and proactive problem-solving acumen
Displays empathy: demonstrated deep commitment to internal colleagues and customers
Passionate and enthusiastic: be the fuel that inspires colleagues and drives contagious excitement for the product
Team player: loves being part of a team, both leading and serving
Accountable with global mindset: commits to stretch goals and delivers; holds self to highest performance standards; takes ownership for mistakes; delivers tough messages directly
Humble and hungry: confidence without arrogance; driven to continually improve regardless of prior successes
Demonstrates strong organization abilities: attention to detail, effective time management, solid communication skills, and great follow-through
- BA/BS degree in scientific discipline or business
- MBA, DVM, PhD or other advanced degree preferred, but not required
- 5+ years in Product Management role or equivalent industry experience
- Technical understanding of chemistry, antibody, or molecular assay designs preferred, but not required
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.