Attention Current Employees: To submit an application for posted positions, please close this window, log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants: To be considered for one of our open positions, please complete our online employment application and submit all required attachments for each posting that is of interest. Once submitted, your application cannot be edited.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519. This email and phone number have been created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, the Production Assistant position supports the production of broadcast and online/social media content for the national news program Amanpour and Company. This position also performs a variety of production tasks including research, planning, and fact-checking, assisting in the booking of interview subjects, obtaining relevant media and archival material, scheduling, and supporting talent. Specific responsibilities include:
• Writing and presenting information gathered in research and recommendations about material and people that might be included in a segment or program
• Assisting with set-up and logistics for production and guest interviews.
• Assisting Producers in all aspects of production including: research, development, pre-interviewing, booking and scheduling interviewees, production and post-production.
• Assisting in the preparation of clips and other elements for use online and on social media taken from interviews featured on the program (proficiency in Adobe Premiere and Photoshop required);
• Assisting in ongoing production of program website;
• Sourcing, gathering and clearing supporting materials, including graphics, footage, music;
• Assisting with administrative tasks including but not limited to program descriptions, distribution of show materials to internal departments and external organizations; billing and invoices, and travel arrangements.
• Working collegially with technical and other personnel, media services and other internal departments;
• Additional duties, as assigned.
• A minimum of 1 year of related field, or equivalent work experience in online, social media, news, or television production;
• Demonstrated planning, organization, problem analysis and decision-making skills;
• Familiarity with social platforms including: compelling writing, trends and guidelines;
• Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills;
• Excellent writing skills.
Candidates with a news background / strong interest in current events, proficiency in Adobe Premiere and Photoshop are preferred.
The WNET Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519.