Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Our Erie, PA site is the largest facility under Wabtec; located on beautiful Lake Erie in northern Pennsylvania and part of the Wabtec family of companies. Wabtec is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions, and value-added services. Whether it's freight rail, transit, mining, industrial, or marine, our expertise, technologies, and people - together - are accelerating the future of transportation. At Wabtec, we are moving and improving the world!
The Production Quality Specialist will develop and maintain systems, rules, and processes to ensure customer satisfaction and the fulfillment of internal and external requirements. In this role, you will be responsible for managing day-to-day quality functions and resolving issues highlighted during inspection. Ensures that processes and products are capable and will meet specified standards. Requires a solid foundation of functional skills and knowledge of relevant technologies, products, and processes. Candidate will be responsible for failure investigation and customer reviews/interface. Communication with cross functional team to drive quality initiatives, mentoring and coaching of program personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility for supporting all elements of the quality program and for driving overall quality in all aspects of the area.
- Drive the performance and development activities required to assure the delivery of high-quality kits and warehouse material.
- Understanding and maneuverability of oracle and CAS procurement.
- Investigation of defective material as reported by customers, including but not limited to, accurate disposition, containment, and corrective action.
- Provide support for locomotive kitting, including accuracy, and on-time delivery.
- Responsible for defining, implementing, and managing crucial processes and metrics to meet customer quality expectations, internal quality expectations, financial, and contractual commitments.
- Own the process compliance / quality.
- Responsible for defining, monitoring, and improving the quality metrics.
- Own Quality audits for operations to ensure consistent adherence to procedures and processes.
- Lead and champion process improvements to improve quality.
- Champion timely resolution of CARs and NCMRs.
- Work with hourly and salaried teams on quality projects, administer training and maintain best practices to ensure a robust quality system.
- Research reported quality defects, identify root cause, and drive corrective actions.
- Identify, drive, mentor, and implement projects that improve service quality.
- Lead interface with Quality, Manufacturing, Sourcing and Engineering.
- Own Quality System and manage ISO compliance issues, lead inspectors and auditors.
- Support and lead six sigma efforts and leadership for all QTA efforts in assigned area.
- Lead interface with internal / external customers.
- Work closely with area team to set goals and drive improvements.
- Drive process capability measurements and improvements.
- Integrate Six Sigma, CTQ efforts.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 3 years operational experience in a quality role)
- Experience in fulfillment, purchasing and writing
- Experience with Oracle 11.3 / AP systems
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a lean environment
- PC and database proficiency
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Physical and Mental Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long durations of time and be mobile throughout the workday. Employee must be able to effectively communicate (talk and hear), and use hands and fingers to handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Regularly required to operate a variety of automated office machines which includes a computer, printer, copy machine, calculator, telephone, etc. Must be able to move or carry objects or materials.
While performing the duties of this class, the employee is regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn, apply, and teach new information or skills; and interact with other employees, customers, and vendors.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.