Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
019855 Production Supervisor (Open)
Grief-Cincinnati Paperboard is an essential manufacturer of 100% Recycled Paper Board used in the Paper and Industrial Packaging Industries. The mill is in Southeast Cincinnati just off I-71.
The Production Supervisor manages stock prep, paper machine and a team of 10-12. The mill operates on a two shift, 12 hour rotation 7 days a week. The expectation of this role is to be 80% "hands-on" or "on the floor" and 20% administrative tasks.
The Production Supervisor is a high-profile position responsible for managing production colleagues and ensuring proper equipment utilization to meet or exceed safety, quality, cost, productivity, and housekeeping targets. For the right candidate, this position offers opportunity for advancement in the organization.
Education and Experience
- Support the "The Greif Way" mission and values. Embrace a Servant Leadership approach to working with colleagues to achieve results.
- Build effective relationships with all internal departments to produce a quality product, safely, on time, and in the most efficient way possible.
- Be the first point of contact for Team/colleagues suggestions or concerns.
- Ensure colleagues understand their roles within Greif and their responsibilities to each other.
- Direct team in resolving complaints.
- Communicate production issues and daily results.
- Provide feedback and corrective actions to colleagues regarding their performance.
- Help train new colleagues, monitor their performance; and issue corrective actions as required to develop a cohesive team.
- Engage and encourage joint problem solving, personal safety, and individual development.
- Monitor work schedules to ensure efficient operations. Review colleague time sheets while verifying and approving work hours in Kronos.
- Work with production team and maintenance personnel to troubleshoot operational issues.
- Enforce company rules and organizational policies related to safety, quality, cost, productivity, and housekeeping.
Knowledge and Skills
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or skilled trade certification.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, pulp and paper or related technical field is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in paper manufacturing, industrial or process engineering is required.
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills.
- Previous experience in coaching, training, teambuilding, performance development, and conflict resolution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience on a cylinder board machine is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a plus.
- Computer Skills (Kronos, SBP, MES)
- Process improvement knowledge in a manufacturing environment such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc., to drive operational excellence system is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and rotating shifts required in a 24/7-week operation.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
This job has expired.