Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
Linde U.S Gases Division is currently seeking Production / Instrumentation Technician for our Plant in Decatur, AL.
The production technician will be responsible for a safe, reliable, and efficiently operating a CO2 plant located in Decatur, AL. The position will require a strong focus on production and instrumentation.
The role will include but not limited to performing routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, calibrations, and installations.
The candidate must have demonstrated ability to work across departmental lines. Must be willing and have the ability to interpret manufacturer manuals and apply hands-on skills in repairing certain mechanical, electrical, electronics, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems including but not limited to:
- Reading and interpreting Electrical Schematics, P&ID's, and One Line Diagrams
- Perform calibration of analyzers, field instrumentation, have the ability to troubleshoot control system problems up to 600VAC
- Have a working knowledge of computers and typical computer programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Power Point, Microsoft Projects)
- Monitors process performance and makes appropriate adjustments to remedy deviations and align to the specified norm
- Operates units to continuously supply products in quantities and qualities safely and economically, complying with all environmental regulations, quality standards and daily customer requirements
- Safely troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all rotating equipment and associated mechanical systems including compressors, pumps, fans, blowers, boiler systems, valves and the ability to perform equipment alignments
- Assist in Truck Loading and troubleshooting loading issues as needed
- Responsibilities/duties are typically focused but non-routine at this level. This position requires a combination of office work and field work as well as working outdoors in various weather conditions and working shifts, rotating shifts and weekends if needed, along with call-ins, will involve some overnight travel for training and working at other locations if required.
Associates in Applied Sciences Degree or equivalent apprenticeship preferred
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.