EAG Laboratories, a Eurofins company, is a global leader in advanced microscopy, surface analysis and testing services of various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology, deliver new "super materials" with the potential to transform our world.Our laboratoriesareat the forefront of this revolution, providing the scientific expertise and analytical techniques to support companies at every phase of the product lifecycle, from R&D to manufacturing.
Our clients include leading edge tech companies in a diverse range of industries and business sectors who design, manufacture or incorporate products for tomorrow's technology driven world. Our scientists and engineers engage in peer-to-peer interaction to discuss and comprehensively understand client issues, challenges, goals and urgency, to define the technical problems, develop and execute analyses, and report back results. We have a growth mindset culture where individuals are encouraged to drive their own success and make their own decisions while fulfilling client needs.
Local Bay Area candidates are encouraged to apply - an invaluable 3 months internship opportunity! (Up to 20 hours/week)
As an Intern, you will:
- Gain hands-on experience in creating program schedules, gathering information from multiple sources - both internal and external - to formulate a comprehensive program plan
- Learn how to communicate with customer accounts, providing updates and program status
- Research the components and requirements in creating a Project Management Office (PMO), and work with the team on rolling out a PMO at EAG.
- Shadow career experienced Program Managers to learn EAG's processes and tools, including Smartsheet. After developing basic competency through shadowing, the intern will take on individual and independent tasks and responsibilities - creating/updating project schedules in Smartsheet, reviewing/editing REL Submission forms and travelers, updating customers - with PMs available to support, provide guidance, and answer questions.They will also be able to find more information in the PM Knowledge Center Smartsheet Dashboard which will help them in their daily work.
When your internship is completed you will have:
- Basic principles of program management
- Knowledge of reliability testing techniques
- Use of Smartsheet - a cloud-based project management tool
- A deeper knowledge of EAG's services specifically PCB, Reliability and ATE.
Any equivalent combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
- Pursuing BS in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Interest in considering a career in Program Management
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Smartsheetand/or creating cloud-based dashboardsis highly desirable
This role is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) therefore all accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR: U.S. Person is a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., "Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.