ECS is seeking a Project Accountant to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
We are looking for a Project Accountant to join our accounting team. You will be responsible for revenue recognition and unbilled analysis for several projects across ECS. As we continue to expand, this role is being created to bring more project accounting focus across our organization.
This role allows you to get involved in both the income statement as well as the balance sheet and understand the areas that are key to projects.
Work with Project Managers, Contracts, and Revenue Compliance staff to ensure revenue is correct including (project setup, billing, revenue recognition, unbilled and reporting requirements are all accurate). Work with financial systems team to identify any additional automation that can be added to the process and ensure all SOX controls for revenue are addressed as well.
- 2 years experience with government contracting;
- Financial Analysis experience;
- Experience working with accounting and finance organizations;
- Successful track record in setting priorities;
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills;
- Multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the mission of ECS;
- Extremely organized with amazing time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Leadership experience;
- Deltek Costpoint 7
- Must have experience with a publicly traded company;
- Must have experience with full CAS covered business and working with DCAA
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.