JunoPacific provides premier medical device molding, design and assembly services for the medical device industry. JunoPacific is part of the Cretex Medical family of companies. Learn more at www.junopacific.com and www.cretexmedical.com.
The Project Estimator is responsible for preparing accurate and professional cost estimates in a highly competitive industry. Works with customers to understand requests for quotes. Solicits material and outside service prices from suppliers. Uses machine knowledge to establish basic manufacturing concepts and estimate costs on various types of equipment, processes, and materials.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares estimates for prototype and production development projects which includes custom tooling, fixtures, prototype parts, and production parts using estimating programs
- Evaluates customer requirements by reviewing customer engineering documentation (prints, CAD models, other documented specifications), develop cost models for tooling, parts and assemblies including time, raw material, and outside services estimates as required to establish quoted costs
- Interfaces with customers' engineers as appropriate to understand piece part function and critical areas
- Prepares costing report for presentation to management for quote review and approval
- Responsible for meeting quote on-time delivery and other quoting metrics. Ensures quotes are completed within customer expected timeframes
- Responds promptly to customer's communications
- Provides periodic updates to customer and management on the progress of complex quoting packages
- Perform post-project analysis of quoted versus actual costs
- Maintains quoting system and records' integrity. Develops quoting methods and formulas with concurrence from management
- Develops and applies creative thinking to initial die concepts to maximize the company's opportunities
- Looks for ways to continuously improve the accuracy and speed of the quoting process
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Diploma in a Plastic injection related course from a technical or trade school or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Plastic Injection
- Training in Blueprint reading, GD&T, SPC and precision measurement
- Demonstrated knowledge of the machining industry and practices
- Understands tooling and manufacturing processes that relate to the machining industry
- Has advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and team building skills to create effective working relationships with suppliers, customers and co-workers
- Ability to operate 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ERP, and other business-related systems
What is it Like to Work at JunoPacific?
- Engineering degree preferred
- Knowledge of medical device industry and ISO 13485
- Previous experience in Injection Molding, estimating, or manufacturing engineering
We recognize the contribution of every individual and promote growth, safety and security for all our employees. JunoPacific values performance and pays competitive wages along with a rich benefit package. We offer a positive work environment with a focus on continuous improvement.
Here are some of things that employees have said about working at JunoPacific:
"This is the best company I've ever worked for, and it comes from the top down."
"JunoPacific is a great opportunity for any newly graduated engineer."
"It's challenging in a good way. Technologies are constantly changing; we are constantly getting new projects in each different than the one before. Being a young engineer it's really great to be able to learn so much and take in so much information."
We encourage you to explore the many opportunities JunoPacific can offer you as a valued team member. Company Benefits
As a Cretex Medical company, JunoPacific offers a full benefit package to its employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance options. JunoPacific also offers a 401(k)-retirement plan with employer match, profit sharing, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off and holiday pay.
JunoPacific also offers company-specific benefits, such as:
- Free Parking
- Employee Appreciation events
- Volunteer Opportunities
Company Overview Video
- Training and Development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual Flu Vaccination Clinics
- New state-of-the-art facility coming into operation in 2022 in Brooklyn Park!
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, family status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other protected status as required by law.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment and eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
This job has expired.