Join our Engineering Team at Helen of Troy as our PLS Program Manager (hybrid work onsite and from home), and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands, including our 9 leadership brands: OXO, Hydro Flask, Osprey, Honeywell , PUR , Braun , Vicks , Hot Tools , Drybar . Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day!
Look around your home, and you'll find us everywhere:
In your kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. We are already making your everyday lives better. We are powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. Whether you are just starting your career or in need of a challenge, we recognize, develop, and empower talent!
Hybrid Schedule: Our Marlborough team has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office an average of three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding any changes to our hybrid schedule will be communicated.
Location: Marlborough, MA
What you will be doing:
Managing projects ranging from simple changes to full product development for the Beauty & Wellness business unit. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience developing and supporting products ranging from portable consumer home appliances to Class I and Class II consumer medical and diagnostics devices.
Skills needed to be successful:
- Take a lead role in planning, setup, and execution of key programs, working closely with marketing, finance, sourcing, regulatory and manufacturing functions.
- Provide leadership on a daily basis, effectively communicate project plans, schedules, costs, and risks to both working teams and management
- Serve as an active problem solver during execution of the programs and have the ability to determine and implement risk mitigation plans.
- Keep multiple program schedules and budgets up to date, report status of projects per requirements
- Responsible for supporting ongoing technical feasibility efforts, performance and/or clinical validations, and cost reductions.
- Provide technical guidance to teams to conduct design reviews
- Develop and maintain proper Design History Files to meet regulatory submissions and audit requirements
- Ability to handle multiple projects and remain flexible and adaptable
- Ability to collaborate with multiple global vendors to coordinate activity and track commitments, and in general oversee the delivery of quality products on schedule and within budget
- Able to handle a diverse team and work with team members and suppliers across different countries and time zones
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline
- 1-3 years experience working in consumer goods, medical, or any equivalent regulated industry
- Expertise in program management of multiple projects on a global basis
- Working knowledge of ETL, UL, FDA, ISO 13485, process validation, design history files, and international regulatory specifications and requirements
- Proven capabilities in identifying issues, assessing technical and project alternatives and risks, and implementing solutions while keeping projects on track
- Proven track record in project management, demonstrating strong organizational skills
- Understanding small devices design, manufacturing and other practices including plastic design, molding, and electrical/medical devices
- Possess the leadership, project management and teamwork skills necessary to interact with a cross-functional global team and direct them in achieving assigned goals and objectives
- Demonstrated delivery of projects within budget and schedule constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills including ability to provide concise and accurate status of projects on a weekly basis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project, preferred Smartsheet experience
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skills, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
. Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in1968,Helen of Troy has grown into a leadingglobal consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Osprey®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Braun®, Vicks®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great.We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centricinnovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services tomake them soar.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.
This job has expired.