Since 1980, CobbFendley has been committed to providing innovative engineering and surveying solutions with the goal of bettering communities. Our multi-discipline approach allows for the efficient completion of projects through experienced staff who focus on client communication. We are always seeking talented and qualified professionals to enhance our ability to provide clients with exceptional service.
Are you ready to Join Our Block and advance your career?At CobbFendley, people are our most valued resource. We offer a(n):
CobbFendley is seeking an experienced Civil Construction Civil Engineer (Project Manager) in our Frisco office.The successful candidates most important qualifications include:
- Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits including 401(k) Matching and Profit-sharing Contributions; Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Employer Funded and Voluntary Life Insurance; Tuition Reimbursement; and Continuing Education Programs
- Extended office closure from December 25 through January 1 to relax and enjoy the holidays
- Professional and personal growth through innovative in-house training and collaborative resources
- Community service opportunities through the CobbFendley Cares Committee, focusing on STEM Education, Hunger Relief, and Sustainable Solutions
- Civil Construction Engineer is an advanced level and requires the below requirements as well as a total of 10 years of Construction Management experience and holds a PE License in Texas.
- TXDOT Certification and experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of SiteManager software preferred.
- Change Order/RFI experience preferred.
- Plans Specification and Special Provisions constructability review experience preferred.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Motivation to work in a dynamic environment with strict deadlines.
- Desire to collaborate with professionals and clients to increase your industry knowledge and grow in your career.
- Commitment to perform responsibilities consistent with industry standards to achieve department and company goals.
- Interest in developing relationships with clients, partners, and local organizations to remain a trusted resource in the community.
- Apply technical expertise and project management experience to manage project teams on conventional and unconventional projects.
- Perform basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, financial management and marketing assistance.
- Function as a mentor to project engineers and technical professionals to assist in their technical training and development.
- Lead a team in the development of plans and specifications for projects that include detailed design of roadway geometrics, drainage, traffic control design, and other infrastructures projects as required.
- Prepare preliminary engineering reports (PER), layouts/schematics, plans and specifications, cost estimates, and quality control review of completed designs.
- Direct interaction with clients externally and internally.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Perform independent research and delegate changing priorities.
- Work with minimal supervision and deliver accurate work product.
- Adhere to CobbFendley’s safety standards to uphold a safe and efficient environment.
- Maintain a professional attitude and fulfill responsibilities with integrity.
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Mobility within the office including movement between floors and workstations.
- Repeated motions (e.g., typing, reaching, bending, lifting, and carrying).
- Communication with other employees and clients.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Most work is performed in a professional office environment. Some trips to client offices and job sites for observations will be required.
- Job site observations factors could include: walking and climbing on uneven surfaces, exposure to outdoor environments and extreme weather (heat and freezing temperatures), noise exposure, driving for extended periods of time, exposure to allergens (e.g., pollen, dust, cedar, sumac, poison ivy), exposure to construction and traffic work zones, possible hand and power tool use, and extended periods of Personal Protective Equipment use.
- Extended use of electronic devices (e.g., computers, printers, copiers, scanners, plotters, and telephones).
- Use of cutting tools and equipment (e.g., plotting equipment, rotary paper cutter).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST.
- This position may include the need for overtime hours.
- This position’s hours fluctuate based on department needs.
- This position may require extensive travel for construction operations and to meet with clients
At CobbFendley, we are an equal opportunity employer, interested in qualified candidates with the requisite employment authorization eligibility to work in the United States. All candidates are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- EEO is the Law (English)
- EEO is the Law (Spanish)
- EEO is the Law - Poster Supplement
Pre-Employment Screenings.All offers of employment at CobbFendley are contingent upon the prospective employee passing a drug screening, physical exam (if applicable), and various background verifications (including but not limited to 10-year history of the county, state, federal, and a 5-year history of motor vehicle records).
Work Authorization + Sponsorship.Cobb, Fendley & Associates, Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA). The E-Verify system uses federal databases to rapidly validate individual identities and work eligibility from the information gathered in the Form I-9. CobbFendley will not sponsor applications of work visas. We understand that this could affect your decision to apply with these conditions in mind.
External Recruiting Agencies.CobbFendley does not and will not accept unsolicited resumes under any circumstances from independent recruiters, recruiting agencies, or similar entities. Recruiting activity on behalf of a candidate does NOT constitute CobbFendley's acceptance of terms and conditions without prior contractual agreements signed by authorized CobbFendley personnel. Unsolicited resumes through any channels including cold calling, emails, applications, social media messaging, etc., will not be reviewed.