Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
This position is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of construction projects up to $15 million in size.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Perform accurate project revenue and cost financial forecasting to ensure corporate profitability goals are met.
- Coordinate with estimators and project controls group to establish budget.
- Lead estimating efforts on vertically integrated projects to ensure accurate and consistent bid to build process.
- Coordinate efforts with estimators, large project sponsor, and manager of construction to manage resources to meet project schedule.
- Participate in bid review and bid closing to ensure accuracy of bid and evaluate project feasibility; work with estimating team to develop bid schedule.
- Coordinate with large project sponsor, manager of construction and project team to develop comprehensive plan for project start up and successful kick-off.
- Provide environment where dynamic project communication occurs between Project Engineers, Foremen, Superintendents and Construction Manager to ensure work is accomplished in an efficient, profitable, and safe manner.
- Ensure proper job controls, i.e. quantities, costs, revenue and schedule.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, agencies, subcontractors, corporate management, inspectors, etc., providing customer service to develop long-term partnerships with client base.
- Ensure accurate construction reports for the job allowing for continuous improvement in performance.
- Run projects at profitability levels to meet or exceed expected margins.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience in heavy civil construction.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Three (3) to five (5) years progressive project experience in heavy civil environments.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in paving, dirt, and grading in either private or public environments.
- Knowledge of construction paving, underground, concrete and grading practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of union agreements and prevailing wage issues.
- Maintain ability to work in high production environment.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent supervisory communication and organizational skills.
- Accuracy at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.Additional Requirements/Skills
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Ability to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct on a daily basis.
- A team player.
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.