At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cybersecurity. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients' needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
The Project Manager leads and directs multiple projects under the guidance of Project Management Office (PMO) leadership. Project Managers aggressively drive projects from inception to completion, identify and document project requirements, support clients on various information security initiatives, keep all stakeholders apprised of project and budget status, and manage issues to resolution. Project Managers are responsible for all aspects of the project over the entire life (initiation, plan, execute, control, close) with focus on the management of project risk and forecasting challenges and devising strategies to overcome and compensate. Project Managers are responsible for driving engagements forward and ensuring projects progress as planned and uninterrupted by comprehensive oversight and control of project activities and timelines.
How you'll make an impact:
Qualifications for success:
- The Project Manager is accountable for the execution and delivery of customer-focused security solution projects ensuring
- uninterrupted progress or delays.
- The Project Manager shall have the skills necessary to drive project progress across multiple stakeholders and levels of oversight
- with assurance on maintaining progress, timeliness, and effective resource utilization ensuring a minimum of 40 hrs billed per week
- be each delivery resource.
- The Project Manager shall have the ability to develop strategic project delivery plans, detailed schedules, compensating project
- controls, cost forecasting, risk management, issues forecast and resolution planning, resource burn-rate analysis, forecasting, and
- reporting, and daily task management.
- The Project Manager is accountable for the progress of the project; and drives timelines by creating and maintaining schedules
- (including key deliverables, milestones, and dependencies), understanding the deliverables and the progress toward each
- milestone, identifying and managing issues, risks, and other potential delays ahead of time, and identifying and driving resolution of
- all project related risks and issues.
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external planning and project status meetings.
- Identify, assess and track potential risk issues and create the appropriate mitigation plans into the overall project initiatives
- Assure overall project and service offering quality and consistency through the sound application of methodologies, standards,
- templates, and other approved delivery requirements.
- Actively monitor the project budget, burn rates, milestones, and deliverables to ensure the timely, uninterrupted, and delay-free
- completion of the project.
- The Project Manager will routinely report to a Program Manager on cross-capability projects and collaborate with peers during the
- execution of a project to track dependencies, project issues and potential risks.
- Consolidate and report project performance metrics and status reports to internal and external stakeholders, and to the overall PMO.
- Coordinate and manage projects across various functional groups, communicating potential risks and impacts identified.
- Establish communication plans to facilitate core project team coordination and to provide status to management and extended
- project team members.
- Implementing project management controls on assigned projects to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to
- high quality standards and meet customer expectations, while ensuring no delay or interruptions, and maintaining a minimum of
- 40hrs billed per week be each delivery resource.
- Maintain commitment to project milestones and deliverables and take necessary actions including escalation as necessary to
- achieve commitments.
- Ensures a strong and seamless relationship by maintaining communications about the project to the team: sales, customers and
- delivery personnel.
- Maintain working relationships with subject matter experts and personnel across the organization
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field. Advanced degree is preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience in a customer facing project/program delivery leadership role within a professional services organization
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
- Excellent Project Management expertise, specifically demonstrated success managing complex projects across multiple clients
- and disparate initiatives on a long term-basis required.
- Management of information security projects required.
- Excellent skill with Project Management methodologies, best practices, and toolsets required.
- Experience interfacing with both clients and partners required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision required.
- Previous experience in a security services environment preferred.
- Significant experience as a Consultant providing security expertise to clients preferred.
- Ability to work as a team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills required
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services and Identity and Data Management.With Optiv you can expect:
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to, Women's Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans Support Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge" a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.