American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Purchasing Agent supports the day-to-day activities of the purchasing department for the company's homebuilding operations. Coordinates, sources, and selects trade partners/vendors in support of Acquisitions and Construction development projects. Creates, negotiates, and administers procurement proposals, bids, and contracts with suppliers/vendors. Coordinates preparation of contract and bid documents, ensures appropriate approvals are obtained throughout the process. Assists with budget preparation, reviews for accuracy, and makes necessary adjustments as instructed by management. Develops vendor relationships and oversees supplier performance management. Evaluates and resolves discrepancies in purchase orders and invoices. Works independently with general supervision. Problems faced are difficult but typically not complex. May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies, and practices.
- Organizes and creates bid packages (invitation, specification, scope of work plans). Evaluates and negotiates bids in a cost-transparent environment. Generates accurate contracts, drafts budgets, and purchase orders within software systems to achieve project objectives within scope, time, quality, and budget constraints.
- Prepares quantity take-offs from working or design drawings for budgeting or bid purposes. Manages, maintains, and tracks take-offs data collected within software systems; evaluates and validates costing is accurate and within budget. Tracks and reports impacts, reassess budget, and amends forecasts, as needed. Participates in reviews, development, and analysis of scopes of work aimed at quality control and standardization of equipment, materials, supplies and services.
- Acts as a liaison between subcontractors, construction team members, trade partners, and other stakeholders to evaluate and respond timely to field questions, conflicts, issues regarding change orders, purchase orders, and plan errors. Troubleshoots discrepancies and provides corrective action plans and/or recommendations to management as needed.
- Sources, vets, and onboards trade partners for new developing communities. Coordinates the sign-up process with trade partners, suppliers, and vendors.
- Organizes and updates assigned trade partners scope of work, reports, and redlines worksheets for new projects. Evaluates supplier performance within the division (i.e., cost, quality, productivity, service) and researches product feasibility ensuring project communities are on track.
- Improves and maintains purchasing/contracts administration processes. Ensures audit compliance with SOX and company standards.
- Participates in site visits and works with construction team members to check performance of trades against scope of work/contract.
Work where you feel right at home -
- High School Diploma / GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Business Management, and/or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Purchasing, Estimating, Order Processing, Supply Management, Contract Administration and/or related field. Experience working in Real Estate Development, Urban Planning, and/or Construction Management industry preferred.
- Valid Driver's License required
- Intermediate experience reading blueprints, construction drawings, and addendums.
- Intermediate experience with JD Edwards software, preferred.
- Intermediate experience and knowledge of Microsoft Applications
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!Related Keywords:
Home building, home builders, purchasing jobs, startup jobs, purchasing specialist, construction purchasing, construction admin jobs, purchase coordinator jobs, procurement jobs procurement orders
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacy#LI-KR1