Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Manager to manage the application of quality principles, systems and measures and the quality management system across business groups, sub business groups or large projects. Focused on improving delivery efficiency customer satisfaction and reducing potential risks and rework whilst complying with Quality policy, standard and delivering agreed objectives. The position has a broad scope therefore the successful candidate will be required to be based in the United States (no relocation assistance is provided), and must be in proximity to a Wood Office and travel hub.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Ensures compliance with the Wood Business Management System and compliance through a structured assurance program.
Supporting measures that ensure predictable delivery and continuous improvement using performance data to make factually based decisions. Engaging and presenting senior leaders with information and data to enable preventive interventions.
Must have experience leading Direct Hire construction projects in a Quality Supervisor/Manager role, and at a minimum must have experience managing an assigned project from a quality perspective in the following areas:
- Management of all aspects of Quality (including focussed roles such as Continuous Improvement) across the breadth of their respective organisation and the services we provide
- Identification and regular engagement key stakeholders to promote quality management and gathering feedback on performance
- Management of and regular engagement with their quality teams ensuring competence assurance, objective setting and performance appraisal and sharing of best practice
- Effective planning and allocation of resources (including people and budgets) enabling delivery of agreed objectives and deliverables
- Driving the Wood Business Management System (BMS) across their organisation ensuring that its application is effective and that compliance with the system is routinely monitored, assessed and improved as necessary. Facilitate external BMS certification as appropriate
- Ensuring consistent and effective implementation of Quality supporting systems across their organisation (e.g. NCR, Progressive learning and Customer satisfaction systems)
- Supporting tenders and proposal activities for their organisation
- Planning and execution of risk-based assurance plans including the escalation of significant findings to senior leaders
- Monitoring and analysis of delivery performance data, regularly reporting themes and trends to senior leaders and undertaking intervention as required
- Gathering and acting upon customer feedback ensuring action is taken to maintain and improve customer satisfaction
- Ability to present business cases and facts to influence their organisations senior leaders and their respective Quality teams
- Apply knowledge and solutions to ensure compliance to regulatory, industry and internal Wood standards
- Ability to define budgets and approve expenditure in line with DOA
Skills / Qualifications
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Degree/diploma or leocal equivalent in Quality management, project management or related discipline (essential)
- Lead Auditor qualification by recognised industry body (essential)
- Membership of CQI/ASQ Quality organizations, Project Management Institute or equivalent (desirable)
- Formal training in recognised root cause analysis techniques (essential)
- 10+ years relevant experience (preferably in associated industry)
- Comprehensive understanding in industry standards (ISO 9001, ISO 19011 and associated Wood Standards)
- Proficient in the analysis of processes and data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High Level of communication skills in bioth written and spoked format
- Proficient in the use of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Leads by example
- Passion for Operations Assurance and Quality
- Excellent planner and organiser
- Analytical, problem solver and systematic thinker
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team player
- Empowers others to make decisions within established parameters
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.