The Quality Engineer (QE) will work in a team environment and will be responsible for planning and directing improvement activities concerned with development, application and maintenance of quality standards of current processes, equipment, materials, and products to meet customer needs. The QE will have full ownership for specific manufacturing process(es). This position is located in West Chester, PA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives continuous process improvements for sustainability in safety, quality, delivery, and productivity within the area of focus. Compiles data, establishes regular communication of data, facilitates action plans and executes to complete critical actions on time and effectively.
- Through the process of formal and informal production audits/ operator feedback and data analysis, recognizes quality concerns and addresses them by developing and implementing a sustainable solution that can be tracked by quantifiable results.
- Ensure repeatability and reproducibility of production equipment, processes, testing and measurement and analytical equipment.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training/ coaching sessions on quality control and manufacturing activities.
- Champion the company's culture/ core values (teamwork, continuous improvement, performance measurement, integrity, personal responsibility).
- Responsible for following, editing, and updating the quality system procedures as required.
- Lead the initiative to achieve quantifiable results around improving quality (e.g. DPM, Scrap, RMA turnaround time, Yield, etc)
- Designs, develops and maintains forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data. Compiles quality data, establishes regular communication of data, and facilitates action plans to drive continuous improvement of Quality.
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- High sense of urgency and results driven
- Ability to work in a team & cross functional environment
- Familiarity with documentation and process control
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical/ Industrial Engineering or related field
- 5 years minimum of Quality Engineering experience in manufacturing facility
- Experience in an ISO 9000 certified environment required, and IATF 16949 or ISO13000 is desirable
- Experience with 8D Problem Solving is required
- Experience with PPAP, Product Part Approval Process, is required
- Experience implementing corrective actions, Statistical Product Control (SPC), FAI, Product testing and FMEA Control Plan is preferred
- Experience with CMM and/or Keyence Programming is preferred
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at:
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.
This job has expired.