JOIN OUR TEAM AS WE MOVE TO OUR NEW FACILITY IN BROOKLYN PARK!
Meier Tool & Engineering, Inc., which is part of the Cretex Medical family of companies, manufactures high-precision metal stampings and subassemblies for the medical device industry. We are a growing company and this year we will be moving into our brand new facility in Brooklyn Park, MN. Learn more how we are impacting lives daily at www.meiertool.com and www.cretexmedical.com.
What is it Like to Work at Meier?
We value the contributions of our employees and promote growth, safety and security for all our employees. Meier pays competitive wages along with a rich benefit package while offering a positive work environment with a focus on continuous improvement. Check out all Meier can offer you as a valued team member.
Quality Engineering Technician Position Summary:
The Quality Engineering Technician will be responsible for assisting Quality Engineers in providing quality assurance support for manufacturing, improving quality related practices and procedures, problem solving, and providing technical guidance and measurement methodologies.
Quality Engineering Technician Responsibilities:
QualificationsQuality Engineering Technician Position Requirements:
- Partner in the development of the APQP process and project management
- Assist in the development of PFMEA
- Support the development and implementation of control plans
- Assist in the development and implementation of Gage R&R and capability studies
- Support the implementation of IQ, OQ, PQ documentation
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of inspection methods for first article, receiving, in-process, and final inspection
- Design inspection fixturing and gaging
- Assist the investigation, root cause analysis, and corrective action activities to support the CAPA and Customer Complaint systems
- Perform routine inspection activities on the floor
- Support and comply with the company Quality System, ISO, and medical device requirements
- Read, understand, and follow work instructions and standard work
- Partner with other business segments: sales/marketing, customer service, engineering, quality, and finance
- Understand customer needs and the core business markets we serve
- Ensure business systems are implemented, maintained, and functioning properly
- Participate in required company meetings
- Maintain an organized work area (5S)
- Participate in the Operational Excellence Program
- Complete all other work duties as assigned
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
Quality Technician Preferred Requirements:
- Associate degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of quality systems, regulatory requirements, and industry standards
- Intermediate blueprint reading, GD&T and SPC knowledge
- Ability to operate a variety of inspection equipment
- Design software- Minitab
- Ability to cross train in other areas of production when required
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
Physical & Environmental Demands:
- 5 years of experience in machining and or manufacturing
Cretex Companies use cutting oils, solvents, and other chemicals in the manufacturing process. Testing is conducted on a periodic basis to ensure that all chemicals are kept well below the OSHA permissible exposure levels.
View Full Job DescriptionMeier Benefits:
As a Cretex Medical company, Meier offers a full benefit package to its employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance options. Meier also offers a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, profit sharing, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off and holiday pay. Meier also offers company specific benefits such as:
- Operational Excellence appreciation Lunches
- Volunteer Activities
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual Flu Vaccination Clinics
- Wellness Program
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, family status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other protected status as required by law. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment and eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
This job has expired.