The Quality Supervisor will supervise and coordinate activities in the Quality Control Department. The Quality Supervisor also oversees and manages the inspection and testing of materials, parts, and products to ensure adherence to quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Manage the Quality inspection department and Quality Control Inspectors.
* Train direct reports and other employees on inspection activities in accordance with Quality Management System (QSM) approved procedures.
* Support process validation efforts.
* Communicate results of inspection to suppliers and customers.
* Gathers and reports quality control and inspection data for internal and external reporting.
* Assists in maintenance of the QMS. Applies knowledge of governing regulations (e.g. ISO 13485, FDA, QSR) for successful ongoing application of QMS.
* Educate, advocate for, and train other departments/functions on QMS requirements. Document training and compliance.
* Act as a backup for the following:
* Sampling and inspecting raw materials, sub-assemblies, and final products for conformance to approved specifications.
* Inspection processes (receiving, in-process, and final inspections).
* Generate Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMRs) when materials are observed as defective. Conduct proper containment and countermeasures.
* Generate and verify inspection records. Ensure compliance with good documentation practices.
* Supports production and all other departments with quality inspection, data, and process and compliance guidance.
* Perform other duties as may be periodically assigned.
* This position has several direct reports across all 3 shifts. Those direct reports are Quality Control Inspectors, Quality Leads, and Metrologists.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, and time spent on the shop floor will be subject to standard noise levels in a manufacturing environment. CIT is a clean facility, housing different machinery, equipment, processes, and chemicals which produce potential hazards in the work environment such as: ergonomic, chemical, machine point of operation, and powered industrial vehicle traffic. These hazards are controlled through means of engineering controls, such as machine guarding, and administrative controls, such as safety policies and programs. In certain areas of the facility, employees are required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety-toed shoes, and hand protection.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
* ASTM F-2412-2005, ANSI Z41-1999, or ANSI Z41-1991 rated safety toed shoes
* Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Associate's degree or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 3-5 years working in the medical device, contract manufacturing, or injection molding industry strongly preferred.
* 1-3 years of experience in a supervisory role required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
* Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to read and understand verbal and written instructions, read blueprints, drawings, and schematics.
* Ability to speak persuasively, train, and educate others.
* Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making skills
* Good understanding of all Microsoft Applications: Excel, Word, Outlook
* Statistical analysis skills and experience required.
* Strong relationship-building and influence skills.
* Knowledge of standard inspection and test equipment (e.g., calipers, micrometers, pin gages, CMM)
* Basic knowledge of statistical sampling plans (e.g. C=0, ANSI Z1.4)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled