BASIC FUNCTIONS:This position in Quality Assurance is responsible for leading or participating in testing of systems. The position works with management to enhance quality and process standards and to plan and execute effective and efficient test approaches to accomplish on-time and efficient delivery of high-quality software products and/or data.
• 3+ years of QA Test Analyst experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Moderate knowledge of QA methodologies.
• Knowledge of process improvement.
• Solid understanding of the software development process.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to conduct QA testing on moderate-scale projects.
• Excellent verbal skills.
• Written skills/documentation.
• Basic project management skills.
• Strong time management skills.
• Basic understanding of working within budgets.
• Understanding of industry trends.
• Constructing and executing test plans/test cases.
• Understanding of automation/other tools that increase testing efficiency.
• Proven research skills.
• Good oral and written communication.
• Develop and execute testing for diverse projects to successfully and consistently deliver high-quality software products and services on time, on budget, and to specification.
• Identify opportunities to apply automation or other tools to improve the effectiveness or efficiency of testing.
• Suggest process improvements that enable efficient delivery and maintenance.
• Work with project managers, technical leads, and subject matter experts to plan and execute functional and system tests.
• Construct, execute, and document test plans and test cases/scripts including regression, integration, certification, and load testing as appropriate in a manner consistent with team standards.
• Report issues and results, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate.
• Ensure that testing addresses requirements as agreed with other stakeholders.
• Identify areas where it is an advantage to work with other teams to improve overall quality and, with peers or others, implement initiatives improving testing capability and efficiency.
• Maintain industry awareness by evaluating emerging trends/technology.
• Participate in project reviews, ensuring review criteria are defined, and implement procedures for ensuring quality control of project deliverables.
• Cooperate in the enhancement of the methodologies employed for test planning and execution, defect tracking, and metric and status reporting.
• Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices.
• Maintain framework for record retention in order to support internal and external IT audits.
• Participate as needed in initiatives to identify and implement tools and utilities that enhance testing capabilities and product quality.
• Identify opportunities to apply existing automation or other tools to meet testing needs.
• Assist with process improvement and compliance to successfully and consistently deliver high-quality software products and services on a timely basis.
• Work across teams to enhance quality functional testing by identifying and helping to implement initiatives that will improve capability and efficiency.
• Ensure results of root cause analysis are addressed.
• All other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.