This is a position in Quality Assurance responsible for developing and executing performance and automation tests. This position plans and executes effective and efficient performance and automation testing to accomplish on-time and efficient delivery of high-quality software products and/or data
• 3+ years of QA Test Engineering experience
• In-depth experience in Java or C# and Object Oriented principles
• Experience with Selenium WebDriver
• Strong understanding of QA methodologies.
• Proven ability to develop and execute automated and performance testing.
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Strong knowledge of the software development process.
• Strong knowledge of process improvement.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Understanding of industry trends.
• Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement practices.
• Strong research skills (tools/root cause analysis).
• Develop and execute automated and performance testing for assigned projects to successfully and consistently enable delivery of high-quality software products and services on time, on budget, and to specification.
• Interact with Product Management, Project Management, Engineering, and Operations teams to plan testing for delivery of products and enhancements and to assure products meet product requirements and quality standards.
• Maintain flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet the needs of the business.
• Work with QA/Testing staff, project managers, technical leads, and subject matter experts to plan and execute automated and performance tests.
• Report issues and results, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate, documenting accordingly.
• Ensure that testing addresses requirements as agreed with other stakeholders.
• Research available tools and participate in initiatives to implement those that will cost-effectively enhance testing capabilities and product quality.
• Identify opportunities to apply existing automation or other tools to meet testing needs.
• Research and identify root causes of performance issues in partnership with architects, developers, and network and system engineers.
• Maintain awareness of the state of the industry and evaluate emerging trends/developments that may benefit the organization.
• Conduct project reviews, ensuring review criteria are defined, and implement procedures for ensuring quality control of project deliverables.
• Cooperate in the enhancement of the methodologies employed for test planning and execution, defect tracking, and metric and status reporting.
• Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices.
• Maintain framework for record retention in order to support internal and external IT audits.
• Work across teams to enhance quality assurance/testing and help to develop/execute performance and automation testing throughout the business as appropriate.
• Identify areas for improvement and, with leadership, peers, or others, implement initiatives improving overall capability and efficiency.
• Ensure results of root cause analyses are addressed.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.