Job ID: 458960
Leviat, a CRH company, is a global leader in insulating, lifting, anchoring, and connecting technology for the construction industry. Leviat's engineered products and innovative construction solutions are used in a variety of market segments from residential to infrastructure, enabling users to build better, stronger, safer, and faster. The company employs nearly 3,000 people at 60 locations globally. Leviat's suite of trusted product brands include Meadow Burke, Halfen, and Thermomass.
We are seeking a dynamic, passionate and driven individual to join the team as our Research and Development Engineer. Innovative products and services are at the foundation of our company; this position reports to the Director of Product Management and Innovation and is responsible for supporting research and development initiatives to create value for Leviat NA group (parent company of Meadow Burke), through developing new products and enhancing existing ones.
A key part of this role is to develop new products, redesign existing products, perform testing on product concepts, research alternative materials and technology. This role will be supporting our team of Product Managers and Engineers.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Follow Stage-Gate new product development process
- Engage in ideation of new products and designs
- Research and stay current on new and emerging technologies.
- Study building codes and standards to understand implications: IBC, ACI, CRSI, ASTM
- Research and implement state of the art design, material optimizations and test standards
- Conduct new product prototype design using Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Define and execute testing program for new product development, existing product enhancements and for product certifications
- Generate written test reports based on statistical analysis of the obtained results
- Work with product management team to get products approved with DOTs, ICC, IAPMO
- Support patent applications
What CRH Offers You
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Familiarity with engineering application, concrete related materials and glass fiber reinforced materials
- Minimum 5 years of product development/engineering experience preferably in building materials field
- Good understanding and working knowledge in research/lab testing
- Highly organized, self-starter, problem solver and proven project management skills
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office and AutoCAD
- Experience with finite element analysis software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver clear messages to management
- Ability to identify, define problems and provide solutions through clear and precise communication
- Travel up to 10% - conducting testing, visiting customers, attending industry events
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Leviat, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Tampa Job Segment:
R&D Engineer, Testing, Construction, Statistics, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Data