Moderna is seeking a Recipe Area Owner to drive the deployment of DNA manufacturing recipes at our Norwood site. This is a key role supporting the delivery of the Syncade MES (Manufacturing Execution system) and DeltaV PCS recipes. The individual will Independently lead projects translating process requirements and manufacturing system best practices into practical, usable electronic batch records.
Here's What You'll Do
Here's What You'll Need (Minimum Qualifications)
- Participate in the Technical Transfer of new products and process from Technology Development into Manufacturing
- Identify opportunities to improve existing processes, equipment, systems, and infrastructure by utilizing industry best practices.
- Primarily lead MES/PCS recipe design and authoring by following best practices and perform impact assessment
- Directly support operations with troubleshooting and issue resolution with respect to automated recipes
- Participate in validation activities in conjunction with Validation, Manufacturing, MS&T, and QA related to implementation and on-going support
- Assist in evaluation or product enhancements and capabilities, implementing upgrades as required
- Support initial and routine upgrade system risk assessment and testing activities
- Provide off-hours manufacturing support as part of an on-call rotation
- Spend up to 30% of time travelling to local site (Burlington, MA)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, technology, or another relevant academic discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with digital manufacturing systems
- Experience authoring Emerson Syncade and/or DeltaV recipes
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience with cGMP and manufacturing operations and practices
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Deep understanding of ISA 88 and ISA 95 industry standards
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience translating and mapping process models to flexible reusable procedural model recipes and physical models for equipment
- An understanding of Good Automated Manufacturing Practices (GAMP) and Computer System Validation (CSV)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work collaboratively within a team of cross functional stakeholders to influence decisions at every level of the organization
- Self-directed with effective analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be able to drive results on multiple complex assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Computer programming and debugging skills with specific emphasis on Sequential Function Charts (SFC)
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.