Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
As a member of the professional staff, contributes general knowledge and skill in a discipline area (e.g., Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) to support team and/or department objectives. Generally, works under close supervision or within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks.This role will primarily focus on our Aqua-Aston locations in Hawaii, particularly those on Oahu and Maui.
Specific Job Summary
Reporting to the Regional Talent Acquisition Manager, the Recruiter manages the delivery and implementation of talent acquisition programs, processes, procedures, and systems in compliance with all relevant employment regulations across the U.S. and international locations. The role supports the determination of region-specific recruiting strategies for hourly positions in alignment with the COE defined corporate Human Resources strategies.
The Recruiter will work with the site associates at each location within his/her region to understand and define their hourly staffing requirements and to provide subject matter expertise to develop candidate specifications that will meet business needs as appropriate. The incumbent keeps up to date with recruiting methods and maintaining good relationships with local recruiters and colleges, this role will concentrate on all aspects of the recruitment lifecycle. In this role, there may be a need to travel approximately twenty-five percent (25%) of the time.
Generic Expected Contributions
Specific Expected Contributions
- Performs the following types of basic tasks: analysis, auditing, budgeting, forecasting, programming, research, report generation, and software integration.
- Responds to, solves, and makes decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- utilizing technical knowledge and skills to enhance business processes.
- establishing priorities for self and, where appropriate, others.
- allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups.
- contributing to department/unit budget as appropriate (i.e., input, following guidelines, etc.).
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
May include but not limited to:
Generic Candidate Profile
- The Recruiter works closely with the TA Sourcing Manager to provide leadership for overall recruiting tactics within the region.
- Manages recruiting for the region for hourly positions.
- Creates and fosters relationships with local schools within the region (which the COE associates may not be familiar with).
- Develops existing relationships within the region (schools, recruiters etc.) that were established under Marriott International.
- Manages the full lifecycle recruitment process including intake, sourcing, screening, and interviewing applicants.
- Maintain accurate requisition and candidate information in applicant tracking system by moving selected candidates through the appropriate status steps and send appropriate candidate communication as needed.
- Generate qualified candidates through cost-effective efforts including internet, job fairs, social media, promoting the referral program, college visits, etc. Revise strategy if needed to obtain more qualified applicants.
- Would utilize various recruitment methods within the region, depending on the response rates, including:
- posting on Job Boards
- placing adverts in local press
- hosting career nights
- having a presence at job fairs.
- Works directly with Change Management/Internal Communications to ensure new policies, processes, tools, etc. are communicated to the end users in an accurate and timely manner.
- Surfaces any recruiting issues at the site with the potential to escalate to the Center of Excellence, if necessary.
- Is the first point of contact for the General Manager at each resort (within his/her region) for any Recruiting requests.
- Designs and helps to design and develop Recruiting-related processes pertinent to the sites in his/her region.
- Reviews and analyzes customer satisfaction survey results. Identifies trends in feedback and provides follow up for issue resolution and/or appropriate communication to the businesses.
- Works to harness the increasing capabilities of technology within in the Recruiting world, with specific emphasis on Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook etc.).
- Connect with client groups to develop thorough understanding of department culture & regularly meet with clients to build strong and trusting relationships and better understand hiring needs.
- Meet with hiring managers to discuss sourcing candidates and the recruiting process. Provide follow up and recruitment strategy revision as needed. Serve as a talent advisor for staffing decisions with knowledge of the organization and expertise for external markets.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Usually, a professional position with general knowledge in a discipline (i.e., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology). College degree and/or related experience typically required.Specific Candidate Profile
- Four-year Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years of progressive Human Resources/Talent Acquisition experience required.
- On-property resort or hotel experience/knowledge preferred.
- Experience working in a high volume, high turnover recruiting area is preferred.
Skills & Attributes
- Bilingual - Spanish and/or Creole preferred
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent people skills.
- Possesses leadership presence and professional demeanor; a leader who collaborates and resolves issues; influences without authority.
- Is a team player with credibility who works with a high degree of independence.
- Is results oriented; delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure; persistent-- drives ideas.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders in order to foster trust and influence key decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information.
- Analyzes and assesses situations to find effective solutions; creative problem solver; engages in fixing the problem; makes decisions using data.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Initiates, implements, and supports change within the organization; is proactive in removing barriers or accelerating its pace.
- Strong mediation skills to facilitate a constructive approach to deal with conflict.
- Knows "mechanics" of applicant tracking system(s) (both hourly and management); computer literate (sound understanding of databases and supporting systems).
- Comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness.
- Stays current with HR trends and best practices.
- High degree of integrity in dealing with sensitive information.
- Integrates and balances priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- Active learner - enhances personal, professional, and business growth through new knowledge and experiences; pushes the organization to learn from other industries' standards and practices.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture