Job Description Summary
About Lamb Weston
Started in 1950 on a small farm in the Northwest region of the U.S., Lamb Weston has grown to be one of the world's largest frozen potato companies, happily delivering the delicious goodness of fries to more than 100 countries. Lamb Weston has created inventive products and processes that are standards in the industry. When we look at a potato, we see possibilities.
Our people are a valuable and integral part of our business and play a vital role in our success as an organization. At Lamb Weston we offer the financial stability and career potential of a true industry leader.
Lamb Weston will offer you the opportunity to put your education and skills to work as part of a great team, contributing to the achievement of the organization's goals and objectives. You will be challenged to take responsibility, drive results, show creativity, and display initiative - and you will be rewarded for your contributions and impact.
When you choose a career with us, every day is fry-day!
A Refrigeration Mechanic will perform his or her duties under the direction of the B/R Supervisor and Boiler/Clarifier Maintenance Lead. The individual will be required and reassemble all boiler equipment in his or her area.
The individual will perform the duties of a clarifier operator under the direction of the B/R Supervisor and Boiler/Clarifier Maintenance Lead
This position will diagnose refrigeration problems, installs and sets up equipment, reads and understand prints and schematics. Advises supervisory personnel on maintenance requirements, repairs equipment, helps train less skilled maintenance mechanics. This position may be required to work any shift or all days of the week in accordance with production and maintenance schedules.
- Set-up and weld mild steel in horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions with ARC welder.
- Properly use all basic hand tools, power hand tools, and shop tools (not to include machine tools).
- Set-up, weld, and cut with oxy-acetylene.
- Perform basic plumbing runs and repairs.
- Knowledgeable of basic mechanical nomenclature.
- Ability to perform basic sheet metal layout and fabrication.
- Have the ability and willingness to follow instructions.
- Knowledgeable of proper body mechanics and safe lifting techniques.
- Knowledgeable of the potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the task being done.
- Ability to properly use LOTO, follow safety procedures, and maintain a constant awareness of personal and co-worker safety.
- Must have the ability to work overtime as necessary, weekends, and shift work (Days, Nights & Evenings)
- Must be able to work in a safe manner
- May be required to work any or all days of the week or overtime in accordance with production and maintenance schedules.
- Communicate verbally with supervisory personnel as authorized.
- Train and direct other employees.
- Be willing to work in other areas of plant assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Two-year or technical degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- Freon universal card certification preferred (required in some locations)
- RETA CARO/CIRO preferred
- Must have basic mechanical skills and mechanical aptitude
- Must be detail-orientated and have proven troubleshooting skills and abilities
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English including reading, writing, using prints, diagrams, operating instructions, and technical manuals.
- Must be able to work any shifts (day, swing, graveyard, and/or rotating) and any day of the week, including weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required by the production and maintenance schedules.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work in a safe manner and apply safety policies and procedures to work tasks.
- Be able to perform tasks safely at while using various tools and while working on a variety of equipment.
- Ability to maintain a neat and orderly work environment and function effectively in a team.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job with or without accommodation. While performing the duties of the job, the employee:
This job has expired.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel and crawl.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull heavy items.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on occasion and up to 30 pounds regularly.