Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
020697 Regional EHS Manager (Open)
The position provides regional support, strategic direction, policy guidance, and advice in the areas of safety, health and the environment for the plants in North America. This leadership role has primary responsibility to: continuously improve employee safety performance to world-class standards; ensure compliance and a positive safety culture; implement EHS policies, programs, procedures, standards, training, and processes; and drive sustainability initiatives. Interfaces with local management, employees and members of the regulatory community.
Education and Experience
- Implementing strategies for EHS, to ensure effective utilization of resources within the geographical region, while providing support to all applicable locations.
- Partner with Business Unit staff and operations teams, to ensure EHS is integrated into business processes, to achieve site business objectives
- Facilitate communication within the region, to share problems, best practices and lessons learned.
- Guide and promote safety performance by facilitating implementation of safety systems, policies, procedures and programs to eliminate, prevent and control workplace injuries.
- Create a world-class safety culture through effective leadership training and by using behavioral safety methods to motivate and influence the workforce.
- Foster the implementation of cost-effective energy reduction initiatives, overall environmental footprint reduction and achieving sustainability objectives
- Ensure that incidents, near-misses and compliance deviations are fully investigated with operations to ensure that corrective and/or preventive measures are taken based on root cause analysis.
- Ensure required EHS reports (metrics, incidents and defects, audit actions etc.) are properly reported from all sites in the region
- Collect, analyze and trend EHS metrics, communicate results, and develop strategies and specific actions to drive safety and environmental improvement.
- Participate as a member of the segment EHS team, maintaining ongoing communications and alignment with site management and other regional leaders.
- Assist with strategy development, and oversee initiatives for key risk reduction programs, such as machine guarding/ergonomics/LOTO etc.
- Routinely visit and audit regional sites, for review of site conditions and management review of EHS issues.
- Trains new hires on safety and environmental issues.
- Completes annual state reporting requirements/emissions monitoring.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Undergraduate degree in occupational safety & health, environmental engineering, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of health & safety experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Experience interfacing with government regulatory agencies.
- Overall strong EHS competency; solid technical understanding and experience in ergonomics, machine guarding, control of hazardous energy, waste water, waste management and chemical management,
- Strong commitment to improving safety performance, EHS compliance, environmental improvements, and EHS efficiency.
- Ability to analyze and prioritize needs, communicate to plant EHS, plant managers, and senior management and ensure implementation of needed actions
- Ability to drive safety culture improvement throughout multiple locations
- Experience supporting multiple locations is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
This job has expired.