For almost 200 years, PQ Corporation has envisioned the future of chemicals and catalysts through collaborative innovation, making products that touch all of us, every day.
- Cleaner Emissions - Our Silica adsorbents are very effective in the biodiesel purification of a variety of waste oils and fats, enabling their use as feedstock while enhancing the performance of valuable catalysts
- Better Care - Our products are critical ingredients in consumer applications that help make teeth brighter and skin softer; and replacing toxic phosphates in cleaning products
- Greener - Our Silicates are used to replace carbon black to produce "green tires", contributing to the sustainability of our planet.
PQ is searching for a Regional Process Controls Engineer to be based at our Joliet, IL OR Gurnee, IL locations.
The role responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability with Rockwell Allen-Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's)
- Comfortable programming in the full range of Rockwell PLC products, including FTView, RSLogix, RSLinx, and other comparable MMI and ladder logic programs, such as GE Fanuc/Cimplicity
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment links between the PLC and Motor Control Centers (MCC's), including VFDs using hard-wired or network communications including Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, or ProfiNet.
- Able to troubleshoot network systems, switches, and cabling.
- Experience with server based software MMI systems with thick clients and thin clients.
- Able to independently manage work requests from numerous plant sites, prioritize, and provide first class customer service, with the customer being the plants.
- Able to provide written operating procedures as required, as well as weekly update reports on project progress.
- Able to troubleshoot higher level problems with plant instruments and transmitters. Sufficiently knowledgeable to make recommendations for improved instrumentation.
- Able to lead startup commissioning teams to systematically perform field device checkouts. Able to effectively report findings to management or contractors.
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems including 7, 10, Server 2016, and Server 2019
This job has expired.
- BS in Electrical, Electronics Technology, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Knowledge of power distribution systems including Arc/Flash studies and safety practices.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in PLC Programming
- Thorough knowledge of chemical/industrial plant instrumentation.
- Plant experience as a controls engineer or instrument technician.
- Electrical aptitude.
- Ability to manage engineering contractors and electricians during design and construction phases to ensure quality work that meets PQ's requirements
- Able to make effective verbal and written presentations to audiences ranging from hourly maintenance staff to senior management.
- Ability to develop project requirements, scopes of work and budget estimates, including project justification documents.
- Ability to interpret applicable regulatory codes. NEC, NFPA, etc.
- Will involve approximately 30 - 40% travel to PQ plants across the US.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with various plant and corporate teams.