Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
This role is looking for someone who has a background in Food Science or Microbiology looking to grow into a Regional Sales Manager/Business Development Director role.
1. Maximize current markets
- Devote time, energy and resources to understanding and supporting, and maximizing current accounts, by continuing to add services.
2. Generate new business
- Increase revenue by driving new business opportunities in new markets, and achieving sales growth of double digits Year on Year.
3. Overseeing sales and business development strategy
- Possess the ability to monitor and manage their day-to-day activities in an efficient manner maximizing their time in the field.
- Display the ability to build and align value proposition and influence key decision makers including the development of strategic market plans and marketing collateral.
- Design and implement the strategies that will both approach and attack the market.
- Play an integral role in the development of annual sales forecasts, budget requirements, and sales plan of action for the Business Unit.
- 1. They must have been in a role where they not only helped implement growth strategies, but was a key part in designing and creating these plans of action. They must seek out market opportunities and based on market development, competitive moves and innovative thinking, identify opportunities for growth based.
- 2. Technical Background and Aptitude The successful candidate must have a technical and business background, ideally holding a BS Degree or higher in the sciences. Prior laboratory or dairy industry experience is desirable.
- 3. Problem Solving and Organization The candidate must be solution oriented and assist the laboratory and clients tackle and solve problems. They must be action oriented and have the ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and possess the ability to present complex concepts/ideas in concise, easy-to-understand terms. They must be highly skilled in using sales management tools (e.g., CRM). They must also maintain and initiate commercial contracts with customers, such as but not limited to; sales quotations, requests for information and proposals, terms and conditions, master service agreements, etc. in accordance with the sales plan and company guidelines
- 4. Communication Skills and Travel It is imperative that the candidate possess strong written and verbal skills and be willing to become involved in trade organizations. They must be willing to travel and maintain effective communication with the trade through regular field travel, conference and trade show attendance, and customer visits.
- 5. Sales and business strategy This person must have developed proven strategies for business development/regional sales which they can demonstrate. This candidate also must have displayed that he/she possesses an ability to analyze exactly what strategies should be pursued and also a proven background in implementing those strategies.
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fresno, CA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays