Registered Nurse-Charge Nurse
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager works closely with the Management Team to plan, direct, coordinate and evaluate services for patients and their families. Daily supervises and coordinates all nursing functions for the Emergency Department. Able to function as the Nurse Manager backup therefore must be well versed in the flow of all Emergency Services
Minimum Education: Must have completed a program of education in nursing from an NLN approved institution. BSN preferred. Previous progressive nursing experience with supervisory /management experience considered.
Minimum Experience: 5-7 years prior experience in nursing, Prefer 2 years Emergency Service, 3 years Urgent Care or Fast Track position. Will consider training qualified person
License, Certification, Registration: Must be licensed in good standing in the State of Alaska as a Registered Professional Nurse. Current BLS. The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain competencies for this position, including chemotherapy certification.
Equipment/Tools: Office machines (i.e. computer, copier, fax, telephone, Microsoft Office)
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to practice nursing as described in the Alaska Statutes for the practice of Registered Nursing.
- Ability to perform independently within prescribed limits.
- Able to administer treatments, medications, interpret diagnostic tests, provide patient/family/significant other education.
- Medical Terminology.
- Works in a patient care setting and collaborates with other professions.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets general professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations pertaining to the job.
- Chemotherapy with strong IV skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- School loan repayment eligibility
- Tort Claims coverage
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13706Location:BethelDepartment:Behavioral HealthEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)