Newcomb and Company Raleigh, NC
Job Title: Residential Plumbing Service Technician
Department: Residential Division
Reports to: Residential Field Supervisor
Wage: Hourly, commensurate with level of experience
General Purpose of Job:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Emergency repairs relating to all aspects of residential plumbing including fixtures, water heaters, drain lines, supply water, etc.
- Install all assigned projects at a cost level at or below that at which they were estimated.
- When necessary, supervise and support all assigned field personnel on larger jobs.
- Maintain excellent communications between Newcomb and Company and all customers.
Physical Requirements and Job Environment:
- Must possess a valid driver's license certificate and meet all required physical ability, efforts and exertions to perform the required job duties.
- Review thoroughly all job packages turned over to them and communicate / coordinate information to any assigned field personnel.
- Troubleshoot, identify and repair sinks, faucets, tubs, toilets, water heaters including on-demand water heaters, as well as all other residential plumbing devices.
- Maintain a quality of workmanship and service standards as set by the company.
- Must have the ability to work in outdoor weather and temperature extremes designated by company policy.
- Interact directly with customers explaining needed services and repairs, including costs for repairs and services.
- To perform scheduled maintenance service on plumbing systems and fixtures, ensure all requirements as specified by manufacturer of systems and fixtures are met.
- Apply all codes to repairs and maintenance.
- To remain in contact with the Residential Dispatcher for information needs and or schedule changes.
- Responsible to work in a safe manner and to abide by the company's safety policies to ensure the safety and protection to self, personnel, and all customer and company property.
- Responsible for the startup of equipment installed with the emphasis on confirmation of wiring, refrigerant charging, and safety procedures.
- Complete timesheets on a daily / weekly basis.
- Maintain all assigned tools and vehicles in top condition.
- Monitor all assigned job sites to ensure a safe workplace is provided for our field personnel. Report any safety violations to safety supervisor.
- Follow directions given by the Residential Field Supervisor.
- All candidates for this position should be reasonably physically fit and capable of picking up a 60 lb. tool, piece of equipment or piece of material and moving it about either on a jobsite, etc.
- All Residential Plumbing Technicians typically load and unload materials for projects and move these materials into place at the project. This may involve movement carrying a load in tight and difficult situations and on uneven terrain.
- All candidates may be required to climb and work off ladders and aerial lifts as required to accomplish their work within buildings and on roofs.
- All candidates will be familiar with the safe operation and capable of using hammer type drills and similar tools.
- Environmental conditions may range from outdoors at all times of the year to indoors at normal office conditions to indoor utility plants.
3+ years of experience in residential plumbing service required.Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.