About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial is looking for a Rigging Planner to work out of our Raleigh, NC office.
The Rigging Planner will be responsible for creating accurate, efficient production of 3D Lift Planner drawings. This position will work directly with the Operations Team and be a key person for lift plan development, lift plan details and rigging details.
- Experience in rigging methodology, crane sizing, understand ground bearing and the ability to calculate rigging loads, centers of gravity and steel weights based on drawing.
- Generate accurate 3D Lift Planning drawings with all details needed to complete a successful lift in the field.
- Review and be part of planning and approval team for all critical lifting activities.
- Review and be part of planning and approval, in accordance with29 CFR 1926.1434, of all crane modifications, whether performed by company or outside parties.
- Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the lifting operations.
- Travel to field locations to obtain measurements on occasion and be able to obtain information to accurately layout crane locations.
- Interface with Project Managers, Management, Customers, and Vendors.
- To meet business needs additional functions may be assigned as necessary.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.
- Working knowledge of crane operations, load charts, critical lifts, crane functions and crane limitations.
- Four plus years of AutoCad experience in crane layouts, planning and rigging details.
- Working knowledge of computers and software packages including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook); 3D Lift Planner.
- Proficient organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail.