Brooks Automation is seeking a Robotics Manufacturing Engineer to provide electro-mechanical manufacturing engineering expertise by enhancing the design and implementation of the Chelmsford Robotics Manufacturing Operation. This role includes three major areas of responsibility supporting:
Sustaining Manufacturing Engineering: Responsible for providing daily sustaining manufacturing engineering expertise and support ensuring safety, quality, delivery, and cost goals are met.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering: Function as Manufacturing Core Team Member driving DFx (design for manufacturability and assembly) and new assembly process design and development throughout the New Product Introduction (NPI) life cycle from concept, development, pilot, launch and volume scale-up ensuring safe, effective, robust, and reliable manufacturing processes.
Continuous Improvement: Responsible for identifying and driving continuous improvement programs using LEAN manufacturing principles and Six Sigma methodologies. Drive optimization of assembly processes and associated supply chain related processes. Provides support and/or lead capacity expansion projects, as well as projects to improve product and process robustness.
- Provide daily hands-on manufacturing engineering support as required to Manufacturing Associates and Technicians.
- Use analytical problem-solving skills to troubleshoot assembly and test related issues on the manufacturing lines and address root causes.
- Lead or participate in activities to ensure continuous improvement in processes, products, components, raw materials, and equipment.
- Develop, review, and maintain robust and reliable manufacturing processes, production flow, assembly methods, and production equipment.
- Develop, implement, and maintain continuous improvement programs using LEAN principles, such as DFT (Design Flow Technology), Kaizen, Value Stream mapping, and Kanban, in addition to concepts in Six Sigma statistical analysis of processes.
- Use advanced data analytical skills to support the implementation and troubleshooting SPC, inventory prediction, and SCAR (supplier corrective action request) programs.
- Develop and document quality system for new programs (control plan, PFMEA, process flow, work instructions, and inspection plans), evaluate and update documented manufacturing processes
- Design, develop, and test various tools, fixtures, machinery, and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods. Includes cost benefit and make vs buy analysis.
- Run process and test evaluation to gauge level of control and provide support for SPC.
- Coordinate and document all Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities.
- Assisting in application of 5S in workplace organization, streamlining, and safety.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or other related Engineering discipline OR relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience and comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing engineering and process development.
- Hands-on manufacturing plant experience with an assembly / process development and equipment related background.
- DMAIC problem-solving skills with ability to troubleshoot complex problems and address root causes.
- Very strong statistical background to process and understand data in a Six Sigma environment.
- Advanced data extraction, data analysis, auditing and reporting skills.
- Technical writing skills to document and update assembly work instructions, quality system procedures, as well as engineering protocols and reports.
- Comfortable working with and around both mechanical and electrical tools and equipment.
This job has expired.
- Hands-on experience in electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
- Candidate must be highly motivated with good organizational and analytical/technical problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter with capability of working under minimal supervision.
- Candidate must be proficient and hands-on in applications of LEAN principles such as DFT (Design Flow Technology), Value Stream mapping, and 5S, in addition to concepts in Six Sigma quality statistical analysis of processes in an electro-mechanical environment.
- Advanced understanding of area tool configurations, capabilities, process development, and mechanical functionality.
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing science (scheduling, inventory line management/ yield analysis, capacity planning, optimization, etc.).
- Intermediate understanding of database management methods and techniques.
- Proficient with DOE, gauge R&R, test method validation, equipment specification development, as well as process verification and validation.
- Candidate must have effective written and oral communication skills; capable in communicating to multiple audiences including senior management and customers.
- Candidate has meaningful experience with and strong capability to work well in a team-based environment and promote teamwork.
- Effective organization, project management and planning skills.
- Very strong and effective interpersonal skills with the ability to teach and develop others.
- Candidate must have excellent organizational skills, capable of developing, maintaining, and reporting out on project plans and status.