Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (₠25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
We are currently seeking a Rotating Equipment - Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to be based at our East Chicago, IN location and will have regional support responsibility. This position will report to the Region Reliability Center Manager at the same location. The maintenance engineer works with the Regional Reliability team and other corporate/regional/plant personnel to achieve tactical reliability goals.
The overall objective of the Rotating Equipment - Mechanical Maintenance Engineer is to ensure the safe and reliable operation of production facilities at the lowest life cycle cost. The position will be responsible for the identification, development, and implementation of innovative solutions to mechanical system/asset issues for multiple facilities. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations.
- Primary technical resource for maintenance & troubleshooting of
- Rotating equipment such as compressors, turbines, blowers, pumps, gearboxes and associated drive systems.
- Fixed equipment such as heat exchangers, coolers and cold boxes.
- Auxiliary systems such as chillers, cooling towers and water treatment systems.
- Own and administer the predictive maintenance programs - such as vibration analysis and oil analysis - and ensure timely resolution of all identified issues.
- Lead or assist in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) activities as needed.
- Identify and resolve chronic mechanical asset concerns (bad actors)
- Develop and execute small (<$100k) expense/capital projects for reliability improvement.
- Identification, justification and facilitation of major mechanical equipment spare parts purchase
- Assist in resolution planning for long-term mechanical asset concerns (reliability threats).
- Assess equipment performance data and identify and lead activities to ensure optimal reliability and efficient performance.
- Assist in cost estimation of corrective-maintenance, preventive-maintenance and/or projects.
- Assist in turnaround planning and execution.
- Utilize Six Sigma methodologies for continuous improvement of equipment and process reliability.
- Lead resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of urgency and integrity.
- Support MOC process for mechanically centered changes and provide technical review
- Support Reliability Engineering in developing data for site Reliability Reports
- Identification of Cost Improvement and Energy Saving projects
- Monitor monthly production losses and maintenance costs to identify top discipline specific problems. Solving high priority reliability issues by focusing on discipline specific reliability improvements
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position typically requires approximately 10% - 20% travel domestically. Accessibility during off-hours (laptop and cell phone) is occasionally required.Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
Desired Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Mechanical Engineering. Understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes. Understanding of precision maintenance standards in an industrial manufacturing environment. Experience with shop & field balancing of rotating equipment Experience in CMMS systems such as Infor EAM. Experience in engineering documentation software (AutoCad, Visio etc). Knowledge of reliability methodologies and strategies such as RCM, TPM, Spare Parts Management, Planning & Scheduling and CMMS optimization.
- Associate/Bachelor Degree in Engineering and minimum 5 years of experience in rotating equipment / mechanical maintenance/ reliability engineering in an industrial manufacturing environment OR
- Non-degreed with minimum of 10 years of experience in maintenance of rotating equipment and reliability in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Level II certification in vibration analysis
- Experience in installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of mechanical equipment such as compressors, turbines, blowers, pumps, heat exchangers, cold box systems, chillers and cooling towers.
- Knowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance methodologies and technologies.
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis, C&E or FMEA methodologies.
- Excellent communication, team interaction and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on cross functional teams.
- Self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks and achieves results with minimal supervision.
- Experience using computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc.).
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.