Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (₠25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
We are currently seeking a Rotating Equipment/ Mechanical Reliability Specialist who will be based at our River Rouge, MI (Detroit area) location. This position will report to the Reliability Center Manager and will work with the Regional Reliability Team and other corporate/regional/plant personnel to achieve strategic and tactical reliability goals.
The overall objective of the Rotating Equipment/ Mechanical Reliability Specialist is to ensure the safe and reliable operation of production facilities at the lowest life cycle cost. The Rotating Equipment/ Mechanical Reliability Specialist will be responsible for the execution of major preventive/predictive programs and corrective maintenance solutions for rotating and mechanical systems and their associated equipment in multiple facilities including Air Separation, CO2 and Hydrogen facilities. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations in the field.
Plan, schedule, coordinate and perform major equipment maintenance, overhauls and inspections - including corrective, preventative or predictive work - of large industrial mechanical and rotating equipment including:
- Centrifugal, Reciprocating and Screw Compressors
- Centrifugal and positive displacement Pumps
- Synchronous and Induction Motors
- High-speed/ Low-speed Gearboxes
- Heat Exchangers, distillation Interchangers, Chillers and Cooling Towers
- Piping systems and other related process equipment.
- Provide on-site or remote technical support and direction to sites in the region.
- Assist in turnaround planning and cost estimation of mechanical work.
- Assist in Identifying and resolving chronic mechanical asset concerns (bad actors).
- Drive resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of urgency and integrity.
- Work independently and make decisions based on full awareness of cost and other benefits.
This position requires a combination of office and field work. This position typically requires approximately 15%-20% travel domestically. Accessibility during off-hours is required. Employee will be required to work in different weather conditions and must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding, man-lifts and crane baskets.Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the maintenance of mechanical and rotating systems and equipment in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, inspecting and repairing industrial mechanical, rotating and fixed equipment such as Compressors, Rotary Blowers and Heat Exchangers.
- Knowledge of preventive and predictive maintenance of industrial mechanical and rotating systems and equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to use all precision measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators
- Demonstrates ability to perform precision alignment of rotating equipment using lasers or dial indicators
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on teams.
- Must be a self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks, achieves results with minimal supervision and possesses excellent documentation and record-keeping skills.
- Experience using computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc.).
- Successful completion of a 4-year machinist/ millwright apprenticeship program
- OR Associate's Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Hands-on experience performing shop dynamic balancing
- Hands-on experience collecting and analyzing vibration data
- Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems such as Infor EAM.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.