EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Safety and Health Officer (WP)
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking a talented Safety and Health Officer for a bid proposal at Wright Patterson, AFB. This is an exciting opportunity to provide support for a nearly 1-million square foot Medical Campus.
*** This position is contingent upon contract award. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and enforce site Safety Program to ensure safety of employees, facility staff, and patients
- Ensuring all equipment and facilities are maintained in accordance with safe engineering practices
- Managing program by compliance with regulatory directives; accident prevention and control; safety education and promotion; accident investigation, analysis, and reporting; and coordination in support of occupational health and sanitation to minimize safety hazards
- Conduct safety training and regular meetings
- Ensure current guidelines set by the Joint Commission, NFPA, ASME, OSHA, and EPA are met
- Review and interpret contract, state, and federal directives, regulations, and procedures and ensure compliance
- Responsible for all O&M activities supported as part of this task order.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity EmployerVeterans/Disabled.Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.
- Must have at a minimum a highschool diploma or equivalent
- Resume or certificates demonstrating, for a minimum of the last five (5) years, the SHO has maintained competencies through 8-hours of formal safety and health related training per year;
- Resume demonstrating five (5) years of continuous safety experience in supervising or managing general industry/construction/O&M, including managing safety programs or processes or conducting hazard analyses and developing controls.
- In-depth knowledge of safety and healthcare standards and codes
- OSHA 30-hour training certificate or training card;
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA) and other pre- and post-construction services desirable
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a health facility comparable to the size of the Wright-Patterson AFB (approximately 1M sq. ft.).
- Experience with Joint Commission a plus