Build your future together
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
This position is responsible for assisting in the administration of the accident prevention program and the corresponding laws that relate to the safety of our work, for an assigned location in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Promote compliance with the company safety program and local accident prevention efforts to ensure company safety goals are met.
- Assist in the development and implementation of safety related programs to meet or exceed company safety standards.
- Perform and document jobsite inspections and audits with special emphasis on hazard recognition, unsafe behaviors and correction of potential third party, asset loss and workers compensation losses.
- Assist in the preparation and performance of safety meetings and training programs to ensure the effective communication of company policy and safety standards.
- Participate in regulatory agency inspections and investigations to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Assist in the development and review of job hazard analysis for each major phase of our work to ensure its safe completion.
- Assist in the investigation, preparation and maintenance of records of all third party, asset loss, and worker's compensation claims to make certain that Company interests are preserved.
- Assist in the follow up with the corporate insurance department regarding claims, to ensure that the appropriate information is collected and that claims will be resolved in a timely manner.
Field of Study
- Currently attending Bachelor's degree program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Safety or Occupational Health undergraduate program
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to teach, mentor and lead.
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Availability and willingness to travel frequently
- Bilingual English/Spanish (Preferred but not required)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and must have the ability to climb stairs and ladders in a construction/ plant environment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds from floor to waist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include at least 20/30 Snellen in one eye and 20/50 in the other, with or without corrective lenses. Adequate hearing, with or without a hearing aid. Ability to distinguish colors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions.About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.