Fluidics Inc., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Since Fluidics was founded in 1968, a lot has changed in the mechanical contracting industry, including our company. We have acquired the most technologically and physically advanced resources available to meet the growing needs of our customers.
Job Title: -- Safety Manager
Job Summary: --
Responsible for the policies and procedures that comprise the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) program and protect our employees, customers, partners and the public from injury. This includes evaluating and implementing safety and health hazard controls in the workplace, routine hazard recognition and environmental management, inspection and training of field personnel in safety standards and proper use of construction equipment. You will work collaboratively with project management, field supervision, customers, and employees at all levels to minimize health and safety risks, environmental exposures, teach safe work habits and manage compliance with applicable regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
- Continually develop, administer, update and implement Health and Safety Program, project specific safety plans and specific work activity plans in accordance with Company and EMCOR policies, OSHA/regulatory standards and work rules of the IBEW union agreements.
- Apply technical and regulatory expertise to ensure safe working conditions and continuous improvement of EHS programs and culture.
- Identify, develop and implement programs to train supervision and employees in required safety practices.
- Lead and administer workers' compensation program, including procurement and management of triage, clinics, doctors and related partnerships, providing medical transport, and follow up with injured/ill employees.
- Personally organize, schedule, conduct, facilitate and/or perform:
- Preconstruction safety meetings with subcontractors and employees.
- Investigations and reporting for injury/incidents/near-miss events.
- Regular project safety audits and site assessments.
- New hire and transfer safety orientations, training and health testing.
- Safety reporting forms and documents.
- Collaborate with field personnel and management to assist in problem solving safety challenges and addressing safety opportunities.
- Assist in development of best practices with customers, unions and industry organizations (using technical data/resources, industry experience, legal standards, etc.)
- Continually promote and strengthen positive safety culture and behavior.
- Procure, maintain and manage all safety equipment and PPE.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the operating needs of the company or as directed by executive management.
- Bachelor's degree in safety management, construction management or education related field; or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five (5) years in a construction safety environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Active, valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle record.
- Availability on occasional weekends and/or after-hours, as necessary to support project teams.
*Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
Location: Philadelphia PAWe offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.Benefits: As a leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction, facilities services, and energy infrastructure, EMCOR Group is committed to its employees. This commitment is embodied in our competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability income, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401(k) Savings Plans, and employee assistance and wellness programs.
This job has expired.