The Safety Manager is accountable for planning, organizing, coordinating, and maintaining the plant's safety activities to ensure maximum compliance with Corporate, Federal, State and local laws and regulations. This position represents a very high level of responsibility and individual contribution supporting our facility in New Castle, PA.
- Monitors the safety and health performance of the site and recommend priorities and actions for improvement.
- Outlines specific safety programs and coordinates, reviews and updates plans such as the plant's Emergency Contingency Plan, Location Environmental Inventory, etc., ensuring objectives are met and plans meet compliance requirements.
- Coordinates various safety training programs, maintains training records within databases, and periodically reports on compliance status.
- Plans and presents monthly safety meetings in accordance with training requirements
- Performs internal audits of S&ES activities to evaluate plant's compliance.
- Develops safety procedures and maintains controlled documentation of JSA's and SDS's
- Ensures contractor's compliance with company safety regulations, coordinates medical programs and provides effective case management for the plant.
- Assists in shipping hazardous waste materials and performing weekly inspections.
- Provides environmental reports and ensures required licensing is current.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of new industry safety practices.
- Responsible for PSM and RMP of the covered process.
- Team contributor to regional safety team.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5+ years of experience in an operations/manufacturing environment.
- Ability to compile, format and present safety subject matter in front of large groups on a frequent basis.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, must be able to effectively communicate and up, down and across the organization.
- High energy and results orientated.
- Must be proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, able to navigate custom databases and on-line document management software
- Ability to work on teams, manage multiple tasks and interact with senior management.
- Preferred candidate will have knowledge / experience in industrial safety, health, and/or environmental science.
- Preferred candidate will have knowledge / experience in compliance.
- Preferred candidate will have knowledge / experience in PSM and RMP compliance.
- Preferred candidate will have CSP (Certified Safety Professional).
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.